Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Programmes

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 POR

POR
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

Got told at the match on sunday we arn't doing any this season. Anyone confirm/deny this assertion?

#2 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

I was invited to submit an article for the programme for the coming season, unfortunately I had to decline , however, I understood that a programme was being produced.
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#3 Mr T

Mr T
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:16 AM

according to the Sheffield forum all clubs are to only sell "Game On" - says that Barrow have been stopped from producing their own...

#4 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:55 AM

Is it time???

........... to dig up "The wild rover"????

Even the re-prints after 20 years would be funny!!!! laugh.gif
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#5 stuart56

stuart56
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Jan 26 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it time???

........... to dig up "The wild rover"????

Even the re-prints after 20 years would be funny!!!! laugh.gif

I think Ian Clayton might be out of our price range now.

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

I'm thinking more of the highly acclaimed mosely/scott et al re-production Stuart!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:43 PM

If there is no Rovers program, then The Wild Rover should be brought back.

#8 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:24 PM

If true, a disgusting state of affairs. Obviously a company that have got their foot in the door.
One here that will not be purchasing. The fans want to be provided with club gossip and information, not what the teams based over the hills are doing. This information can be obtained via the forums.

#9 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

Oh well, an extra couple of goes on The Golden gamble then. As others have said If it ain't Rovers - Don't want it.

#10 Bob Fowler

Bob Fowler

The Future Is Bright

• Coach
  • 7,738 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:09 PM

The club prgramme is another source of communication between the club and it's fans, not everyone has a computer, it also provides a revenue fron advertising for the club and has up to date information, fans views the chairmans views and how the coach feels about his playing staff. The Game on is so impersonal and contrived and with many clubs adding or losing players the squads listed are not always accurate. I always enjoyed writing a piece and I know others who wrote over the years did too. You masy not always have agreed with articles, but at least you had a chance to have your say, you weren't speaking to some corporate editor in downtown Dewsbury. If the club has been ordered to stop production then I would say this is a restriction of trade and ought to be addressed. I know the programmes don't make a fortune for the club but they were our programmes unique to our club.
To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

#11 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

scandolous...if this is correct then we should boycott the "Game on" ###### and spend the coulpe of quid on extra golden gamble tickets or an extra pint int Lagoon (sorry for the self interest but it all ends up in FRISA!)..i can manage quite easily if Rovers just produced a team slip..

#12 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:02 PM

I for one will not be buying "Game on". It has only little or no interest for me. The programme is an integral part of matchday, it is personal to us and has articles written by people we know. We may not always agree with what is written but it's ours. This corporate rubbish that the powers that be are foisting on us is not wanted. BOYCOTT it. As my good friend Gaz says, get a couple more golden gamble tickets or a beer in the Lagoon. The club benefits, and in a better way than buying that rag.
"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

#13 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

game on has to be good. after all, it's how the AUSTRALIANS do it.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#14 TUUUUUUUUUUTA

TUUUUUUUUUUTA
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

We are getting a programme.........been doing a lot of last minute work on it.

#15 Mark Ashton

Mark Ashton
  • Coach
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

Good news

#16 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,519 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Rovers have never NOT been having a programme
work has been going on with it since before Christmas. There will be some changes but not many. This is because of the way the programme has traditionally been planned. It is has been mooted to start work on the 2011 programme during the summer/autumn of this year to produce a bigger more comprehensive publication with improved production values and more features.
Rovers will not be selling GAME ON this year according to the director with whom I work with on the programme.

I don't normally post on here, but felt the record had to be set straight and assumptions made about people or agencies who seemingly were preventing the programme had to be addressed.

regards
chris westwood
programme editor/heritage officer.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 26 January 2010 - 04:33 PM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#17 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Jan 26 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rovers have never NOT been having a programme
work has been going on with it since before Christmas. There will be some changes but not many. This is because of the way the programme has traditionally been planned. It is has been mooted to start work on the 2011 programme during the summer/autumn of this year to produce a bigger more comprehensive publication with improved production values and more features.
Rovers will not be selling GAME ON this year according to the director with whom I work with on the programme.

I don't normally post on here, but felt the record had to be set straight and assumptions made about people or agencies who seemingly were preventing the programme had to be addressed.

regards
chris westwood
programme editor/heritage officer.

Cheers for that Chris. Don't ya love forums for the rumours, we all get hot under the collar about summat. Spend a couple of days huffing and puffing and being "Mr Outraged of Regent St" then it all turns out to be claptrap. Love it!!!!!!!!

#18 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

DMS. Us fans love to strike whilst the irons hot !!!.

#19 DMS

DMS
  • Coach
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Bob Crowther @ Jan 26 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DMS. Us fans love to strike whilst the irons hot !!!.

Tell me about it Bob. Back in the day when me and my good friend L Mosley did the Wild Rover we counted the unsubstantiated rumours from the end of one season to start of the next and we got to about 100 before giving up counting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users