43 replies to this topic

#41 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (FevDean32 @ Feb 23 2010, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not catagorize games to A, B, and C status
The 'A' games with most away support keep at 14 and maybe offer 'B' for 12 and 'C' for 10?

didnt they used to do that (or still do??) at Leeds Utd?? 14 for tonites dead rubber is toooooooooo much!...although i dont think it was based on volume of away support,more on standard of opposition.
some Leeds nut will put us right!

#42 NTC

NTC
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

It may be an idea to re-look at the price for some of these games. My wife was thinking of coming with me to tonights game until she realised we were paying 14 for her to stand and freeze in the snow as she put it. Times are hard for us as they are for many others at the moment and although I have a season ticket for myself the 14 for her is still 14 pounds extra that in her opinion would otherwise go towards paying household bills.

I know the club has to survive but if they charged 10 for example (even to the 2nd person of a couple) they would lose 4. As it is they are losing 14 because people like my wife see it as just too expensive. Maybe several hundred extra 10's could be better than nothing at all??

#43 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

Losing quality players like Ian Hardman doesn't help (if the rumour is true)

#44 Paul Gibbins

Paul Gibbins
  • Coach
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (petesmithfan @ Feb 22 2010, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think getting more females involved at all levels of the club, Board room down, would be an advantage. I think with the right match day packages, special events etc, the club could attract more female supporters. Im thinking of the twenty to thirty somethings who like to go to events in groups.

Another suggestion would be to employ people on a commission basis to sell tickets and season ticket.

Also canvassing business to buy season tickets to use as incentives for staff. A lot of sales led businesses give prizes to sales teams for good weekly, daily figures.

I think one of our most under used assets are the players themselves. I know many work, but I would like to see more promotion work done by the players. The PNG lads for example accompanied by a member of the publicity team giving out flyers with discounts around Pontefract, Exscape, and generally trying to engage with the public.

Our lass has only been with me once, she wasn't too chuffed about sitting there cold with no pre or half time entertainment and she was bored but it we signed somebody resembling Dale Cardoza she'd be there every week,,,,,,,,,, she liked that bit of the match lol
PAUL GIBBINS

Wall and Floor Tiling
Plastering

Bathroom fitting
Fencing
Guttering

Insurance work
Free Quotes

www.funkytilers.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users