Mr James Leahy

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (bingyp @ Apr 11 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As pathetic as I have ever seen from an EXPERIENCED official. So much so wrong. Then did the usual trick of trying to level the penalty count after the game had ceased to be a contest.

Even tho' Fev were the better on the day, they were allowed to be. Uneven penalty count + farcical decisions will turn any game. Penalty try + the only two forward passes given in the game result in an 18 point turn round. That will change any game.

The penalty count was uneven... I agree, at the end, but in Eagles favour.

First half : Sheffield 5 Featherstone 5
End of game: Sheffield 10 Featherstone 9

Featherstone were guilty of holding down, obstruction, tackling player of the ball, off-side, swinging arm, obstruction at the play of the ball
Eagles guilty of holding down, off-side, use of elbow, high tackle, dissent, and ripping giving the penalty try.

Well those were the decisions given by Mr Leahy.

The dissent call was appalling as Mitch had had a great run, was tackled, held down and he lost the ball through interference, a call of knock on given and he was rightly furious...poor vision by Leahy.
The 2 forward pass try decisions were to say the least very close calls and I believe one was correct and the other very borderline, but did look forward.

Eagles did not deserve to win as the tackling styles are dreadful in many cases. I always thought you needed to get hold off the player AND KEEP HOLD, and also the phrase "man AND ball" is used and the number of offloads EVERY team manages against Eagles, is disgraceful and needs tightening up, and quick.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,285 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

and clarification of the penalty try???
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Robin Evans @ Apr 14 2010, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and clarification of the penalty try???

I agree

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users