TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

where have all the flowers gone

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

Has everyone got fed up with this site or what - I did wash today honest!

#2 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

Gone to graveyards everyone
When will we ever learn, when will we ever learn

Have to agree it's far too quiet in here these days. I can even fart and no one notices lol.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

#3 BIG EAGLE

BIG EAGLE
  • Coach
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Don't know if it is supposed to be a secret but try this link

ph34r.gif http://forums.rlfans...hp?f=77&start=0 ph34r.gif
Posted Image

#4 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (BIG EAGLE @ May 10 2010, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't if you dislike foul language and being regularly abused...........
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#5 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Eagletarian @ May 10 2010, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't if you dislike foul language and being regularly abused...........

Is "cock a doodle doo" fowl language?

#6 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Grey Beard @ May 11 2010, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is "cock a doodle doo" fowl language?

No it's just Corn Fed!!!!
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#7 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Eagletarian @ May 11 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No it's just Corn Fed!!!!

I prefer Weetabix myself

#8 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

I guess a more important question is where have all your spectators gone?
Following the Fev match Tubby was taking the attendance as a positive then you played Wigan and had another decent crowd.
1170 against a team just down the road must be worrying.Wednesday night might not be the ideal time to play but I would have thought you would attract more fans than that.
I'm not trolling,just interested on your views as to whether the move to Bramall Lane is going to get more bums on seats or has the bubble already burst?

#9 TerryC

TerryC
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ May 13 2010, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess a more important question is where have all your spectators gone?
Following the Fev match Tubby was taking the attendance as a positive then you played Wigan and had another decent crowd.
1170 against a team just down the road must be worrying.Wednesday night might not be the ideal time to play but I would have thought you would attract more fans than that.
I'm not trolling,just interested on your views as to whether the move to Bramall Lane is going to get more bums on seats or has the bubble already burst?

You will be able to judge for yourself in a couple of weeks time when we play Barrow @Don Valley.
TerryC

#10 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

I'll bet we wouldn't have had as many had we played at DVS but of course there is no way of knowing. Crowds at DVS were frequently in the 850 region. So far at BDTBL we are ahead of that figure .

#11 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:32 PM

Just waiting for summer rugby - cold wednesdays in Jnauary nevr have been very good - oh sorry it was May well "ner cast a clout" Batley brought a taxiful

#12 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (wings beneath my feet @ May 13 2010, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just waiting for summer rugby - cold wednesdays in Jnauary nevr have been very good - oh sorry it was May well "ner cast a clout" Batley brought a taxiful

Not many teams have a good away following so hopefully a deal can be struck for next season to give neutral fans an incentive to go to these games, ie season ticket holders of clubs not involved get in for a fiver, something along those lines, just to try and help increase the numbers and bar takings etc.
I guess if you could do a deal with both football club members that would help.

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

Bar takings ? huh.gif

How does that help ?

Bramall Lane is a nicer but more expensive venue and we need to work to develop our own crowd to fill it (well, fuller than it is at the moment anyway). Relying on away support and neutrals is no good.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#14 HaroldShand

HaroldShand
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

I don't that the term 'taxiful' is appropriate. If anything I'd have said that our of a crowd of 1'100, at least 200 were from Batley, which isn't bad for a club of our size.
I await the usual hordes of Eagles fans at Mount Pleasant next week with baited breath. We might even need to employ more stewards for the day, or make it an all-ticket game to avoid crowd congestion. biggrin.gif

Edited by HaroldShand, 14 May 2010 - 05:17 PM.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

#15 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Griff @ May 14 2010, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bar takings ? huh.gif

How does that help ?

Bramall Lane is a nicer but more expensive venue and we need to work to develop our own crowd to fill it (well, fuller than it is at the moment anyway). Relying on away support and neutrals is no good.

I don't know what the set up is at Sheffield with the bar takings but at Fev all the profits from concession stands etc goes into the club.Bar takings won't replace the missing fans from your first couple of games but every penny helps.
I agree that home support has to be the priority but there are supporters out there who will go to watch teams other than their own but if there was a discount then it might encourage more to do so.I for one hate Sundays without rugby and given the number of matches played on week nights there are a lot of supporters kicking their heels on a Sunday.

#16 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ May 15 2010, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know what the set up is at Sheffield with the bar takings but at Fev all the profits from concession stands etc goes into the club.

No use to us, pal. sad.gif

#17 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

I am convinced that the true crowd figures are not represented asthere were a hell of a lot more folks at the Wigan game than Fev but Sheff United, who have sole control on the gates, and the bar, produced a figure of approx onl 100 more !!! I dont think so.....

One bonus, so far is he fact that after a game folks(home & away), are meeting up in a decent room for a chat drink etc. All the players and coaching staff are there and it is FAR FAR better than it ever was in the Function Suite a DVS during the past 5 years.

It would be nice to see The Supporters Club in the ground.

Talking of the Supporters Club, see other topic heading.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#18 Birchy

Birchy
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

I always visit the sheffield forums, as I live in sheffield you could end up being my second team after fev rovers... but your all so quiet these days whats happened?

UP THE ROVERS!

#19 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Birchy @ May 19 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always visit the sheffield forums, as I live in sheffield you could end up being my second team after fev rovers... but your all so quiet these days whats happened?

My Point entirely rolleyes.gif

#20 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

See earlier .......

QUOTE (BIG EAGLE @ May 10 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

0 user(s) are reading this topic