Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby league media coverage in Wales

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,589 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

I have an ongoing Google Alert set up that sends me links to the rugby league news of the last 24 hours, I've noticed over the last few weeks that Wales Online have been really ramping up their coverage of rugby league. Yesterday's alert had 10 links from around the world, 4 of them were from Wales Online.

Considering the sparse coverage we get in other mainline news sources I was quite surprised but also quite delighted to see such good coverage of the game from top to bottom.

So... whoever is feeding them with the news articles, well done!

(For interest: The other articles in yesterday's news alert were Racism and Rugby League (NZ), 3 on SOO, 1 review of that new game and one comment posted on the BBC 606 board.)

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Jul 6 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(For interest: The other articles in yesterday's news alert were Racism and Rugby League (NZ), 3 on SOO, 1 review of that new game and one comment posted on the BBC 606 board.)

Not a helpful comment from Mundine. Is this well founded or is he just a bit bitter?

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,832 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (John Rhino @ Jul 6 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a helpful comment from Mundine. Is this well founded or is he just a bit bitter?

A little from column 'A', a little from column 'B'. Recent events have shown there is some problem, at whatever level, but he's got a massive chip on his shoulder about not getting to play for the Kangaroos.

And he's a rentagob, who can't help shooting his mouth off, whether he has something worth saying or not.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 Cofi

Cofi
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Jul 6 2010, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an ongoing Google Alert set up that sends me links to the rugby league news of the last 24 hours, I've noticed over the last few weeks that Wales Online have been really ramping up their coverage of rugby league. Yesterday's alert had 10 links from around the world, 4 of them were from Wales Online.

Considering the sparse coverage we get in other mainline news sources I was quite surprised but also quite delighted to see such good coverage of the game from top to bottom.

So... whoever is feeding them with the news articles, well done!

Cheers for this ckn. I visited this site when I first got into RL and didn't find very much - so this is good news. It's bookmarked now!

#5 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

mundine always comes across as being very bitter..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users