Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leeds (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Huddersfield (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

Leeds Rhinos 6-8 Huddersfield Giants after 42:00 minutes.

Brough puts the grubber into the corner behind Lee Smith who just stops to let the ball run dead but the chasing David Hodgson touches down right on the dead ball line, referee Thaler consults the in-goal judge who nods his head and the try is given to a shocked stunned silence.

Brough can't convert from the touchline 0/2.

#22 amh

amh
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

David Hodgson in again - whayhey!!!

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#23 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:07 PM

Leeds Rhinos 6-14 Huddersfield Giants after 45:00 minutes.

What a start to the half from the visiting Huddersfield Giants as David Hodgson scores his second as he beats Donald to the corner once again and the Huddersfield supporters on the Western terrace are celebrating as if they have won the Grand Final.

Headingley is shocked and Brough converts his first from out wide 1/3.

#24 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

Leeds Rhinos 12-14 Huddersfield Giants after 52:00 minutes.

I don't know what's going on at the DW stadium 60 miles west of here but Jesus, both sides are realy going for it now as Leeds force their second drop-out of the game and from the drop-out the Rhinos go out wide down the right and Senior has the ball stolen but the loose ball ends up in the hands of Hall and he will cross in the corner.

Super stuff from Thaler to keep the whistle at bay, as Leeds benefit from great use of the advantage law.

Sinfield converts 2/2 and what a game we have here.

#25 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

Surely these two can't keep this intensity up as there really battering each other down the middle.

Twenty minutes to go, can the Giants hold on?

#26 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

Leeds Rhinos 12-14 Huddersfield Giants after 65:00 minutes.

Brad Drew kicks the ball out on the full and from the scrum Leeds recieve penalty number seven of the game and Kevin Sinfield has the chance to level the scores up.

#27 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Leeds Rhinos 14-14 Huddersfield Giants after 66:00 minutes.

Sinfield adds the penalty 3/3 and we are al locked up at 14-14. What a fantastic game of Rugby league this has been.

#28 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Leeds Rhinos 14-20 Huddersfield Giants after 72:00 minutes.

Larne Patrick breaks the tackle and is away fending off the Rhinos like flies and will beat the chasing Lee Smith to score, what a try, what a fantastic piece of individual brilliance with the youngster showing some superb upper body strength and pace to burn.

Cudjoe converts 1/1 with Brough off the field.

#29 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

Leeds Rhinos 20-20 Huddersfield Giants after 74:00 minutes.

Can this game get any better as Leeds come up thrumps with the short kick-off and on the last tackle the kick is there for the chasing Danny McGuire to touch down for the Leeds Rhinos as Headingley Carnegie shakes to the supporters jubilation.

Sinfield converts to keep his 100% record and what a finish we have here.

#30 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

Leeds Rhinos 20-20 Huddersfield Giants after 76:00 minutes.

Leeds with a chance of the drop-goal after Huddersfield put the ball down on half way, Sinfield fluffs it wide after immense pressure was applied to the Leeds loose forward by the Huddersfield defence.

#31 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Leeds Rhinos 20-20 Huddersfield Giants after 78:00 minutes.

Leeds back in drop-goal range following a Donald run and Lee Smith puts it wide, we have 80 seconds left on the clock here.

#32 amh

amh
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

cruel...again sad.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#33 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:45 PM

Leeds Rhinos 21-20 Huddersfield Giants after 80:00 minutes.

Graeme Horne drops the ball with no pressure on him at all and with seconds left on the stadium game clock perched high up in the Carnegie stand.

Kevin Sinfield lands the drop-goal at the third attempt and Leeds win an EPIC contest here. Super game.

#34 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Result

Leeds Rhinos 21-20 Huddersfield Giants

What an enthralling game of Super League this was from start to finish with both sides putting in 110% effort and more as the score changed hands five times before with seconds left Horne made the error and Leeds capitalised with the gamebreaking drop-goal.

It's so cruel on the Huddersfield Giants who came so close to their first win at Headingley since there promotion to Super League back in 1998.

This game really didn't deserve to have a loser, it really didn't and a draw would have been a fair result to reward both sides courageous endeavour.

I'm running out of superlatives to describe the game, so buy the game dvd and you'll witness a Super League classic.

#35 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 16 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A late change to the referee as Ben Thaler will take charge from Thierry Alibert.

The pa bloke at Headingley makes me laugh, he's so biased towards Leeds yet he does the Challenge Cup and Grand Final games.

Fingers crossed Huddersfield put up a good show as they enter the field.

and dont you think he is a bit scruffy too ,he's had them jeans on for 4 years
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#36 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (fieldofclothofgold @ Jul 16 2010, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and dont you think he is a bit scruffy too ,he's had them jeans on for 4 years

Can't say I was looking at his jeans mate laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Hows your heart after that last ten minutes?

#37 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 16 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where are the Huddersfield supporters?

I'll go as far to say that they have the poorest following out of all the current sides currently occupying the top eight.

It's a shame for the huddersfield team that they don't have the support their rugby deserves. There seems a real apathy towards sport in huddersfield, it's not like huddersfield town are in the premier league and getting 30 odd thousand every week thus pinching supporters from R.L. The pricing policy is right at the galpharm and the product is certainly entertaining so how udders can attract the stay away fans is beyond me.

#38 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

Spot on 3Owls with that, I generally felt embarrassed last night at the Huddersfield turnout.

The Western terrace behind the posts was sparsely populated to say the least.

The game was a fantastic advertisement for Rugby League and will live long in the memory, it's just a shame that more Huddersfield fans couldn't be there to witness their players heroic endeavours wih the match result in doubt till the death.

#39 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,639 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 16 2010, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't say I was looking at his jeans mate laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Hows your heart after that last ten minutes?

8 minutes to go and i was annoyed at being disturbed and getting my view blocked by so called fans leaving early.
Dont know about my heart but my hand was shaking when i picked up my first pint 10 minutes after the game
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#40 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

You can't beat a dramatic finish wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users