Wigan's terrible youth policy yet again

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:56 PM

Wigan Warriors have offered deals to eight members of their youth team who have all signed up.

Chris Taylor - stand off or centre, product of Wigan St Pats and Abraham Guest. A powerful tackler with creative abilities. Chris has been on the scholarship for three years, he has also represented England at U'16's recently against France.

Connor Farrell - younger brother of Liam, he is strong running back row forward with an excellent work ethic and attitude. A product of Wigan St Pats and St John Fisher School.

Dominic Manfredi - a tough uncompromising centre, a product of Leigh Miners ARLFC.

Dom Crosby - prop forward who has shown an excellent attitude after a successful trial, has figured in the Under 20's this season.

John O'Donnell - Back Row forward who has joined the Warriors from Wigan St Pats.

Tom Spencer - prop forward who has been with the Club for two years. Played for the GB Community Lions under 19's in a recent tour in South Africa.

Ryan Hilliard - scrum half with good creativity and an excellent kicking game. Has come from Pilkington Recs, another success of the Warriors trialling system.

Jaydon Sandford - full back who has figured in the Under 18's this season, a product of Wigan St Pats.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#2 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 21 2010, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wigan Warriors have offered deals to eight members of their youth team who have all signed up.

Chris Taylor - stand off or centre, product of Wigan St Pats and Abraham Guest. A powerful tackler with creative abilities. Chris has been on the scholarship for three years, he has also represented England at U'16's recently against France.

Connor Farrell - younger brother of Liam, he is strong running back row forward with an excellent work ethic and attitude. A product of Wigan St Pats and St John Fisher School.

Dominic Manfredi - a tough uncompromising centre, a product of Leigh Miners ARLFC.

Dom Crosby - prop forward who has shown an excellent attitude after a successful trial, has figured in the Under 20's this season.

John O'Donnell - Back Row forward who has joined the Warriors from Wigan St Pats.

Tom Spencer - prop forward who has been with the Club for two years. Played for the GB Community Lions under 19's in a recent tour in South Africa.

Ryan Hilliard - scrum half with good creativity and an excellent kicking game. Has come from Pilkington Recs, another success of the Warriors trialling system.

Jaydon Sandford - full back who has figured in the Under 18's this season, a product of Wigan St Pats.

What's the betting they'll all have signed for the Giants in two years time wink.gif

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#3 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

I believe Tom Spencer is also originally from St Pats.

Went to watch the U18's National Cup final at Blackpool a few weeks back, some cracking talent on display from both Ince Rose Bridge and Wigan St Pats.

#4 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 21 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's the betting they'll all have signed for the Giants in two years time wink.gif

Want to put money on that Geof, come on get yer tight Yorkshire wallet out.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#5 amh

amh
  • 11,086 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

I do hope he does well with his RL career

Give him shirt number 99, and play ice cream van music when he scores wink.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#6 paley

paley
  • Coach
  • 18,197 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 21 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that what Sale are going to be called when they take over Salfords new stadium?
Join team TRL to help cure cancer http://vspx27.stanfo...e&teamnum=43780 Team number 43780

Team summary: http://folding.extre....php?s=&t=43780

#7 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 21 2010, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Want to put money on that Geof, come on get yer tight Yorkshire wallet out.

Wouldn't be fair to bet on a cert dry.gif

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#8 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 21 2010, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't be fair to bet on a cert dry.gif

I'm willing to take the gamble, I don't mind it being unfair.

#9 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,572 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

Son of Ducky by any chance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users