Matt Orford wants to go back to Australia. Parramatta is interested.

Matt Orford wants to go home to Australia.

Parramatta are interested.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-...0721-10l51.html

What hope will Bradford have of being a top six contender if it lacks a quality scrum half?

Mick Potter is walking into a very difficult situation.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parramatta are interested.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-...0721-10l51.html

What hope will Bradford have of being a top six contender if they lack a quality scrum half?

Mick Potter is walking into a very difficult situation.

He's going nowhere.

And your source for that definitive conclusion is......?

He has two years left on his contract.

No one is going to pay us silly money to release him.

Does he?

Does he really?

Show me ANYWHERE where Matt Orford is quoted as saying that.

Anywhere.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

And your source for that definitive conclusion is......?

How about this? A quote from the club chairman, rather than an unsubstantiated rumour in a newspaper.

If the Bulls had someone better lined up though that wouldn't be the end of the world would it?

One way for the Bulls to go is to promote themselves as a young exciting glamourous team. They could say - look, it will be a while before we are in 5 consecutive Grand Finals but we continue to produce some excellent local talent and will add to them entertainers and people with charisma. Orford isn't that - a young Benji type could be. I have watched plenty of rubbish london sides but they have had some entertaining players who have made the experience bearable. Orford is a crafty player and experienced, but he isn't going to win that many games if the rest of the squad stays at its current level.

Find some razzle dazzle NRLers, promote youth and manage expectations and a new day could dawn.

If the Bulls had someone better lined up though that wouldn't be the end of the world would it?

One way for the Bulls to go is to promote themselves as a young exciting glamourous team. They could say - look, it will be a while before we are in 5 consecutive Grand Finals but we continue to produce some excellent local talent and will add to them entertainers and people with charisma. Orford isn't that - a young Benji type could be. I have watched plenty of rubbish london sides but they have had some entertaining players who have made the experience bearable. Orford is a crafty player and experienced, but he isn't going to win that many games if the rest of the squad stays at its current level.

Find some razzle dazzle NRLers, promote youth and manage expectations and a new day could dawn.

Its a vicious circle, I doubt any top pedigree NRL players would be attracted to a Club like Bradford unless they get paid double what they get in Australia.

As the salary cap increases in Oz the player drain will turn into a trickle.

Bradford look like they are spiraling into oblivion.

Bradford look like they are spiraling into oblivion.

Fortunately, Donaldson, Whitehead, Crossley, Addy, Southernwood, Olbison, Crookers, Wardle, Finnegan and Halley and Kopczak suggest otherwise.

People called Romans they go the house

Fortunately, Donaldson, Whitehead, Crossley, Addy, Southernwood, Olbison, Crookers, Wardle, Finnegan and Halley and Kopczak suggest otherwise.

Time will tell.

Its only the absolute mediocrity below them that has Bradford in 10th spot.

I still think that if the club are honest and open about where they are then they can try a different tack in terms of entertainers and young lads. People are far more forgiving when they can see young lads improving and a team throwing the ball around a bit. Of course best of all is to be top of the league but that isn't going to happen just yet.

I think razzle dazzle players are there if you look for them - the likes of Uate and Mead from Fiji and PNG are unlikely to command the same wages as Orford, in part because they have razzle dazzle instead of steadiness, but they would provide something to get the crowd on its feet every week...

It's not my club, but I think the game owes Bradford a massive debt for SL being as good as it is today.

I still think that if the club are honest and open about where they are then they can try a different tack in terms of entertainers and young lads. People are far more forgiving when they can see young lads improving and a team throwing the ball around a bit. Of course best of all is to be top of the league but that isn't going to happen just yet.

I think razzle dazzle players are there if you look for them - the likes of Uate and Mead from Fiji and PNG are unlikely to command the same wages as Orford, in part because they have razzle dazzle instead of steadiness, but they would provide something to get the crowd on its feet every week...

It's not my club, but I think the game owes Bradford a massive debt for SL being as good as it is today.

When you mentioned Benji I thought you meant razzle dazzle Halves.

Mead and Uate are pure pace Wingers with step and swerve.

Edited by AndyCapp

wouldnt be surprised if brett kimmorley comes over to SL next season. bradford would be interested im sure.

if orford goes, he goes.. he'll be replaced easy enough

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Fits the bill for Bradford perfectly then.

Surely Some Mistake? Isn't the average age of the Leeds team older than the Bradford team - that's including Menzies.

Our players are ######, not old.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

How many times have they been World Champions?

World Champions in what sense?

They have been World Champions in reality every time they have won the NRL Premiership.

If you mean the mickey mouse game played in Feb/March each year in England against a team with 1/2 a dozen games under their belt under local refs and local conditions at home against an Oz team in pre season straight off a plane then it would be 1 with 3 runners up.

The last time there was a fair indication of Club sides was back in the SL war days.

I guess you don't want to talk about those results against the weaker side of the Australian SL war.

Edited by AndyCapp

World Champions in what sense?

They have been World Champions in reality every time they have won the NRL Premiership.

If you mean the mickey mouse game played in Feb/March each year in England against a team with 1/2 a dozen games under their belt under local refs and local conditions at home against an Oz team in pre season straight of a plane then it would be 1 with 3 runners up.

The last time there was a fair indication of Club sides was back in the SL war days.

I guess you don't want to talk about those results against the weaker side of the SL war.

What about 1994?

Also your first point is parochial male genitals.