BARROW

David

We were outfought, outthought and outkicked in today's very hard encounter. The number of stoppages for injuries bears this out as does the apparent tiredness of York even before half time. The way the results have gone this weekend means we will have to work a miracle to gain promotion. A win at Rochdale next week is crucial.

I think with the right tools at his disposal, James Ford would get the team out of this division and be top 4 championship within 4 years.

As it is it's amazing he's managed to keep a competitive team together throughout the last 2 seasons. Wayne Bennett would have struggled to do more.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

With gates of circa 600 the long term chances of getting promoted and staying there are slim.

That game yesterday deserved a crowd of 6000 not 600.

Hopefully with a new regime in place crowds will increase.

Realistically and from a historical point of view what gate would it be reasonable to attract week in week out? Would it be enough to sustain a push?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

With gates of circa 600 the long term chances of getting promoted and staying there are slim.

That game yesterday deserved a crowd of 6000 not 600.

Hopefully with a new regime in place crowds will increase.

Realistically and from a historical point of view what gate would it be reasonable to attract week in week out? Would it be enough to sustain a push?

Done properly, there's no reason a professional club in York couldn't be getting at least 1500 crowds. If we we're top 6 championship I reckon we'd be looking at 2000 averages. 

As it stands we've got 600 and about 4 sponsors. Embarrassing really for a city like York,  but I can't blame people for not going, I don't even go myself anymore!

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived