Food and drink thread

BEPs (big effin' prawns), briefly fried, then baked for 10 minutes in cultured butter, smoked garlic and flat-leaf parsley.

An interlude of very messy eating with hands. Some of the best shellfish I've ever eaten.

The remains, below, after being baked as the start of a seafood stock or soup. Forks shown for scale.

rMbOr2h.jpg 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 3 weeks later...

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I finally got round to getting myself a fresh, dressed crab off the market and it was gorgeous, so so tasty. Tasted just like the smell of the seaside which is one of my favourite smells in the world! 

Dressed crab is one of my very favourite things to eat.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Dressed crab is one of my very favourite things to eat.

It was bloody lovely. I think one big factor is the power of nostalgia that is making me love seafood so much because of how much I love the seaside and the sights and smells of the seaside, and memories from my childhood of going to Bridlington and smelling all the crabs being brought into the harbour. Scallops are still my favourite seafood but crab is close behind. 👍

• 4 weeks later...

Discarded Banana Peel Rum. Very nice indeed.

Discarded make spirits using by-products from other food processes. So they also made Chardonnay grape skin vodka and a vermouth made with cascara (skin and pulp of the coffee bush).

Ralph Waldo Emerson