Fev Gala

sidnee

Nice to see a few of the faithful there today, and thanks to Vic for giving me the 'opportunity' to 'play' roulette. I think your wheel is rigged mate, all the kids won and I was nowhere near (again) :rolleyes:

Wonder if next year Rovers could maybe get a few of the players, from all the age groups there to boost it up a bit. With all the community work they undertake I would of thought it was an ideal time to reach people who they normally wouldn't get chance to.

If its not possible due to training / work / match prep, then fine, just thought today was an opportunity missed to sell the Rovers message fully.

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Nice to see a few of the faithful there today, and thanks to Vic for giving me the 'opportunity' to 'play' roulette. I think your wheel is rigged mate, all the kids won and I was nowhere near (again) :rolleyes:

Wonder if next year Rovers could maybe get a few of the players, from all the age groups there to boost it up a bit. With all the community work they undertake I would of thought it was an ideal time to reach people who they normally wouldn't get chance to.

If its not possible due to training / work / match prep, then fine, just thought today was an opportunity missed to sell the Rovers message fully.

Funnily enough i bumped into Laurabeth inAsda, and i told her that i had been to the Gala, she mentioned that she had been ringing around trying to get the players involved today through their community development work but to no avail, i told her that i could not understand why anybody at the club had not pointed her in my direction, and that they would have been quiet welcome to join in today, anyway to cut a long story short weve got it sorted between us, and in future hopefully they will be seen.

To be fair in past years the Rovers have been invited to join in but have never showed up.

Edited by Maureen T-k

Im Fev and im proud

<br /> <br />Funnily enough i bumped into Laurabeth inAsda, and i told her that i had been to the Gala, she mentioned that she had been ringing around trying to get the players involved today through their community development work but to no avail, i told her that i could not understand why anybody at the club had not pointed her in my direction, and that they would have been quiet welcome to join in today, anyway to cut a long story short weve got it sorted between us, and in future hopefully they will be seen.<br />To be fair in past years the Rovers have been invited to join in but have never showed up.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i was at the ground this morning and the players were training, they are part time (mostly) and i can understand that they want some family life.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

<br /><br /><br />

i was at the ground this morning and the players were training, they are part time (mostly) and i can understand that they want some family life.

agree with that oldrover, the club is doing a very good job on and off the field at the minute. be great if the club could sort something out to represent the club on the towns gala day though, if the players cant make it , maybe send bluebeard or the cheerleaders, let the people of fev know were here.

agree with that oldrover, the club is doing a very good job on and off the field at the minute. be great if the club could sort something out to represent the club on the towns gala day though, if the players cant make it , maybe send bluebeard or the cheerleaders, let the people of fev know were here.

I can remember not too many years ago when i was in the Blue & White club. I used to look forward to gala day just to show off my support for the Rovers.

Stuff the races, rugby and football matches I was taking part in. What got me excited was getting on the Rovers float and parading through Fev, proud of where i was from and what i was part of within the Rovers.

Floats got all the kids talking weeks before gala day. Not eveyone got to take part on the day, so me on that float got kids i knew talking about the rovers and that kicked off a small buzz. But big enough to boost the numbers of kids wanting to play rugby and go watch Fev.

We have a great side at the minute and we need to cash in on that within the community now and create that Buzz within the town again.

I want to see police cones down the lane again just because its match day, blue & white eveywhere as i walk to the game ready to give my vocals a good exercise and that natural roar from the fans all around the ground. Kids are the future for the rovers and they need to be better connected to the lions Featherstone need to take better advantage of local talent, promote it and keep hold of it. This will only make us a stronger team and a closer community.

It wasnt though the players could not make it as it's part of their community development work, Laurabeth was trying to make contact with the Town council but could not establish that contact to arrange things so the players could attend, hence thats why i couldnt understand that she wasnt pointed in my direction.

It was either advertised on Rovers homepage or on a e-mail from the club that the players were attending Ackworth, Featherstone and Knottingley Galas this year.

Im Fev and im proud