FRISSA/BISSA sponsored walk

BISSA...

Today BISSA & FRISSA are doing a joint sponsored walk from Post Office Road to Mount Pleasant, there will be a box on the BISSA stall for all supporters to donate some coins towards this worthwile effort. Everything in the box will be shared between BISSA & FRISSA.

There is also a bucket collection for Batley Boys which is nothing to do with the sponsored walk but a excellent organisation to contribute towards

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

Good luck and I'm sure fans will support such worthwhile efforts.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Well done to everyone, Colin Smith at his venerable age deserves special mention for completing the walk

Thanks Mark. It is suprising how many people don't know what FRISA is. We raise funds for Fewatherstone Rovers players contracts. 5 of us walked to Batley on Sunday to raise such funds. Mark it is ok to tell folks I am 76. The 15 miles was totally exhausting for me and I am sure other people suffered. The Featherstone Rovers Independent Supporters Association have raised over 100K to help with players contracts and I feel they deserve more publicity. My thanks to Mark for buying me a pint and to Stephen Parker for his encouragement during the walk together with Sue Parker for the lift back. A special word of thanks to Davew Handley for walking with me over the last 5 miles or so and giving me his support and talking to me when I weas flagging a bit. Support us if you can we are supporting the Rovers. One or two people turned their noses up at the state I was in when drinking the said pint in the club. You should try it. Col.

Well done to everyone, Colin Smith at his venerable age deserves special mention for completing the walk

Thanks Mark. It is suprising how many people don't know what FRISA is. We raise funds for Fewatherstone Rovers players contracts. 5 of us walked to Batley on Sunday to raise such funds. Mark it is ok to tell folks I am 76. The 15 miles was totally exhausting for me and I am sure other people suffered. The Featherstone Rovers Independent Supporters Association have raised over 100K to help with players contracts and I feel they deserve more publicity. My thanks to Mark for buying me a pint and to Stephen Parker for his encouragement during the walk together with Sue Parker for the lift back. A special word of thanks to Davew Handley for walking with me over the last 5 miles or so and giving me his support and talking to me when I weas flagging a bit. Support us if you can we are supporting the Rovers. One or two people turned their noses up at the state I was in when drinking the said pint in the club. You should try it. Col.

Sorry about the double posting I am still half asleep. My thanks also to the generous people who sponsored me. I dont know final total but I am sure Stephen or Richard will have it in due course. Richard or Steve, after I put in my sponsorship money I received a further

Just to add if anyone else wishes to add to Colin's sponsorship I'm sure Richard would be up to collecting it while giving away Jars for the next spread and save campaign.

As for those last 5 miles walking with Colin were more than worth the effort, it allowed me to listen to Colin's life story...

Actually now I think about it you shouldn't be sponsoring Colin! You should have sponsored me just to listen to Colin's life story! :)

Only joking it was worth every step and every word! :D

Edited by The Grinder

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Just to add if anyone else wishes to add to Colin's sponsorship I'm sure Richard would be up to collecting it while giving away Jars for the next spread and save campaign.

As for those last 5 miles walking with Colin were more than worth the effort, it allowed me to listen to Colin's life story...

Actually now I think about it you shouldn't be sponsoring Colin! You should have sponsored me just to listen to Colin's life story! :)

Only joking it was worth every step and every word! :D

Dave, didn't know you were the Grinder. You are probably the most diplomatic bloke I have ever met. You would make a good Chairman. Stand next time and I will vote for you. Your patience and encouragement really did make a big contribution to my making it. Cheers.