London League Structure 2015

Bank holiday was last weekend.

Two teams from the Bears is a good effort. Croydon host Fleet today and have over 20 players available.

Wasn't it another poster on here who said that this area wasn't a Rugby League area and never would be?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was referring to last week's Skolars A/Bears cancellation, GH.  Considering all the obstacles you've had to overcome and the issues the Bears have had to overcome, the lack of obviously good facilities, ridiculous rents etc, it's frankly a miracle that 60 guys within a 5-7 mile radius are tipping up to play RL.

EDIT: Good luck against Fleet.

According to Sussex Merlins on twitter, Elmbridge have already folded for the season, which provokes the question; did the management lose interest because the players didn't care or did the players lose interest because the management didn't care? The classic paradox.

According to Sussex Merlins on twitter, Elmbridge have already folded for the season, which provokes the question; did the management lose interest because the players didn't care or did the players lose interest because the management didn't care? The classic paradox.

Hardly surprising after they struggled last season but still a shame especially as it leaves 4 teams

bowes, much of this sounds avoidable.  I've heard bad things from all sides of the argument; the players, the committee, the coach.  I know I'm dishing the dirt but I'm trying to make sense of it all.

Sean Blenkinsop was at the end of his tether last season because he had no support.  Sean's a decent guy, incredibly passionate about the game and was working in the amateur game whilst working for the All-Golds.  He's now at Surrey and given they won their first game by 22 points, it looks like he might have a part to play in turning them around.

The committee were annoyed because people weren't tipping up subs and had no commitment.  The bench when they played would often be under-17s playing up to seniors, which is never a healthy sign.  The players felt that there was no attention paid to open age at all and that the president ignored them and wouldn't even listen to ideas.  Sean wasn't always there, there was nobody looking after open age and no assistant coach so it withered away.  The other thing I heard complaints about was recruitment.  They simply recruited from within their ranks and from ex-players.  In an area surrounded by union, there was absolutely no attempt at cross-code recruitment.

Whether anybody involved has a point or not, I don't know.  I can only go on what I've heard from those involved directly and want I heard second hand from a reliable source.

Archived