SUPERCOACH 2015 LEAGUE Forum; SEASON COMPLETED - FINAL POSITIONS & PRESENTATIONS

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Main thing is not to panic! Not that that would help anyway!

Let's hope the players we invested heavily in return to heavy points scoring in R2.

Not a great start by me!

I've resisted the temptation to get the cheque book out and will give my flops another week to redeem themselves. Another poor week though and heads will roll. :D

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Player prices won't alter until R3.

I know G, but a few of my selected players didn't get the minutes I thought they would. If it stays the same I will need to offload before their value drops

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

So this week and next we have two weeks (that's a maximum of four trades) before the prices of players change. So these trades can be seen to be the most important trades available for the whole season.
Surely the players who have proven themselves time and time again in SC should be given at least a second chance.
Have you got Corey Parker? i would have thought it's best to keep him for this week and see how he scores. If he gets 70 or thereabouts (or more) then he's a keeper. Remember his Best Ever (BE) score is 135!!! If he gets 65 or less though in R2 then he might very well be asked to pack his bags.

If I were you I wouldn't over react.  Week 1 scores will average out with a couple of more rounds for any price change to adversely affect you.

Have you got any of these (SC points scored in R1 in brackets):

• Anthony Milford (9)
  • Bryson Goodwin (16)
  • Ben Hunt (19)
  • Mitch Moses (12)
  • Shaun Kenny-Dowall (15)
  • Blake Austin (9)
  • Beau Champion (12)
  • Lachlan Maranta (16)

They are probably ones to trade out!

I made 2 trades this week. I traded out Halatau for Soliola but in order for me to do that I had to trade out another player as I had around $10,000 in the bank. I don't know why but I traded out Watmough for Harris and it's been bugging me ever since. Did I waste a trade too easily? I guess part of me wanted to bring in Harris because he was over $100,000 cheaper. I could have traded out O'Neill instead of Watmough perhaps. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me on the behind! I'll be more cautious next time. 

Let down by a couple of Players who had predictions of 100+ last week. Hope they do better this next round. Annoying that I left 2 Players out who are priced at below 140,000$ who scored well over 50 Points and 2 Players who cost 400,000$ got just 20 odd Points! My captain was a real letdown and lost around 150 Points he would normally get going on the past 2 years! Heres hoping things get better!!

I think we are talking about the same bloke. I think it's time to ditch him and reshape. I can improve my team with two swaps. He will provide plenty of money to help me.

OK in the long run he will no doubt recapture his point scoring form. He took a battering in this weekend's game to be sure.

910665-22935e48-cb01-11e4-9148-9de01b3d7

What a battering he got!

Anybody else got views on Thurston in your squad?

keep or trade out?

He's likely to drop in value after the first three weeks (which include two shocking scores for him)

Some will stick with him and take the hit 'knowing' he'll come good eventually.

Others will see the chance of  selling him before taking the big hit and making good use  of the money.

After all you can by him back later hopefully having gained points and made a profit!

Views welcome!!!!!!!

Out of interest what is considered an average weekly score, or an "Ok" week?

I'm on for a 1,000+ score this week which is a big improvement on round 1.

There's still something nagging away at me not to give up on JT quite yet. One side of me sees I'll not take a pretty big hit of say $75,000 if I ship him out. On the other hand he's bound to get better, probably straight after he goes from my team IF he does!

I could make other changes which would be merited.

I could have got close to the 1000 mark just by having a better captain.

One of my other players has been ruled out for a few weeks and probably would be a better swap. I may yet keep JT.

I have JT in my team as well (although not captain).

Having seen the Cowboys next four games are Broncos (a), Storm (h), Panthers (a) and Bunnies (a), I'll be shipping him out as my money could be better spent elsewhere I think.

I may reconsider him after origin, by which time I will no doubt be thinking how stupid I was to ever doubt him. ;)

The way the Cowboys are playing as a team I dont have much confidence and Thurston for me is somebody I think I will change now. His wife had a baby yesterday and maybe that will also take his mind off things. I think I will look at who to bring in though again even that is a lottery. Some tough decisions to be made

Well after Round 2 there was a definite upward trend in the scores or at least in most cases a consolidation.

Some of us are not yet getting the scores we were last season yet.

Well done then to those tipsters who this week broke the 1000 point barrier. That is some achievement in my books!

Ben, David, Gav , James and James well done. With 1099 Ben and his Bolton Celtic lead the table with just a 20 point advantage over second placed david and hos Thatcham Rabbitohs.

Gav is snapping at their heels too. 

SCoach%20Points%20After%20R02%202015_zps

It's decision time now before the prices of players change after Round 3.

Wow another stinker of a round with all my guns miss firing.

Just seen the team lists announced and it looks like coote is finally named to start at full,back with lui dropped and Morgan to partner JT in the halves. Just something to consider but this may help JT with more kicking responsibility on the final plays and better team organisation, I thought they looked lost at times and lacked direction. I was going to give him time but RE makes a very good point with the upcoming fixtures........I'm still undecided as I have issues all over the park!

Other news G Jennings dropped for mansour....wighton out injured possibly 3 weeks doh!

Archived