Another Great Effort

The King Of Leon

Ten mins away from a great win, it took a brilliant try to beat us, forget the last min 6 points we only gave that away because we had to chase a winner .Apart from a mad five mins in the 1st half when we went from 12-4 up to 12 -20 on the back of a Finnegan mistake we were as good if not better than Fax, we looked to be containing a desperate Halifax until the one man who we all know can offload Richard Moore got a pass away from a tackle on the half way line and 4 passes later Fax drew level and to rub salt in the wounds Murrell converted to put them back in the lead which they hung onto until the last play of the match.I know theres no bonus points now  which is a sickener because Fev away, Batley at home and now Fax away would have given us 3 more points , this is a tough league and apart from Bradford  and Sheff away  weve held our own in every game. I thought Browns kicking game was excellent today and Watson was brilliant, Finnegan redeemed himself with a try in the 2nd half but that mistake for Fax,s 2nd try was a real killer.Whitehaven next is a must win game.

Aaargh !!! Another game where we lost nothing in comparison to the opposition but came away empty handed!

So how did we contrive to let the points slip away in this one then? There was little to pick between the two packs, parity also in shirts 1-5, and Brown and Kain gave us an advantage at half-back.

Perhaps we chose to hold on to what we'd got instead of trying to kill the game off. Finigan's try that put us in front was officially timed at 58 minutes, and 22 minutes is a long time to hold on to a four point lead playing sets out and kicking on the sixth. And just when it was starting to look like we might hang on, Halifax came up with a belter down the left to win it.

A few more tough lessons today then, but the squad can take confidence from the last fortnight, going toe-to-toe with Sheffield, Leigh and Halifax and not looking out of their depth against any of them. Just a pity no league points to show for it!

So obviously we've drifted down the table a bit now, and yes the Whitehaven game does have a look of "must win" about it. Keep the form over Easter up and we should be OK ...

I wasn't really watching what happened when they scored from Finnigan as I had turned away as we had the ball. It looked like the ball was stolen in a three man tackle and this is what Barry Eaton appeared to be saying in his round up at the end of the game. Their last try looked like obstruction to me also as the player who picked up the loose ball and ran 75 yards had 4 'Fax men in front of him American Football style when he set off. A couple of Hunslet men were unable to get close because of them. A good show though, but I must admit I had  a feeling that we would compete for many games early on and just lose and end up near or at the bottom of the league. We've done that many times in the past. It seems to be a Hunslet trait.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool

than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

Just viewed the highlights,and yes it was a two man tackle,ball steal,penalty to us,would it have made a difference,i think it certainly would have,but mr merrick srikes again,at least he is consistant.But am a very proud hunslet fan today,as a previous post,we,ve held our own against three top sides and came out almost winning,we have a good side,no doubt about it,a must win on sunday v haven  CMON YOU HUNS

Their 2nd try was awful by the refs however so was briscoe's try, little to no chance keinhorst offload was backwards.

Shame the rfl scrapped the bonus point, and rather stupid given the claim of every minute matters.

Archived