Coventry away

Bearman

For anyone travelling to Coventry for the game next week here is some useful information.

Admittance is £10 for adults, £8 concessions and £2 for U 16's.

If travelling by car the post code for the Butts Park Arena is CV1 3GE.

The easiest way is to leave the M6 at the M42 and then take the A45 towards Coventry.

Ignore the first turn to the city centre (A4114). Take the next exit B4101 signposted city centre, you will pass the ground on the right, carry on to the roundabout and come back on yourself.

Car parking is available at the ground for £2.

If you come in from any other direction take the ring road. From the city cThe ground is near junction 7 of the inner ring road. Head for Tile Hill and the ground is on the left after the Premier Inn. (Also known as the Old Technical College).

The Railway station is a 10/15 minute walk. There are always plenty of taxis available

There will be food available in the ground or there are food outlets across the road the chip shop is always open!

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

For anyone travelling to Coventry for the game next week here is some useful information.

Admittance is £10 for adults, £8 concessions and £2 for U 16's.

If travelling by car the post code for the Butts Park Arena is CV1 3GE.

The easiest way is to leave the M6 at the M42 and then take the A45 towards Coventry.

Ignore the first turn to the city centre (A4114). Take the next exit B4101 signposted city centre, you will pass the ground on the right, carry on to the roundabout and come back on yourself.

Car parking is available at the ground for £2.

If you come in from any other direction take the ring road. From the city cThe ground is near junction 7 of the inner ring road. Head for Tile Hill and the ground is on the left after the Premier Inn. (Also known as the Old Technical College).

The Railway station is a 10/15 minute walk. There are always plenty of taxis available

There will be food available in the ground or there are food outlets across the road the chip shop is always open!

I look forward to seeing you all there.

can you put 50 lads up mate we are very quiet you wont know we are there  :tongue:

can you put 50 lads up mate we are very quiet you wont know we are there  :tongue:

No problem. Unfortunately yo will have to room with the 50 girls from nymphomaniacs anonymous, is that a problem?

Ron Banks

• 2 weeks later...

Travel update

This weekend the Coventry Motofest event is taking place and the ring road will be closed all weekend.

It seems it's being used as a racetrack!

If anyone is coming south on the M1 from they should take the M42 rather than the M69.

Ron Banks

I listened to the match today,Ron,and your interview with John Gibson. It certainly seemed that we struggled against a good Bears side. I hope the side can come up with some wins. They certainly seem to deserve it. What a pity this Forum is used so little it will be nice to hear from some Raiders supporters who attended.

Well I don't know about anyone else but I had a great day!

As usual the rowdy Barrow lot out sung the home side, the atmosphere in the bar after the game was tremendous and you will be pleased to know that loads of Coventry fans were impressed with their new friends from Barrow and are talking about coming up in August.

The feed back that I got from the Barrow fans was very positive too. I think we impressed with our facilities.

We have the largest dance troupe you have ever seen and they go down a storm, certainly the crowd enjoyed them today.

The game itself was a bit of a "curates egg"

From the Bears point of view, we competed well and had a few near misses. It was a big improvement on our last game. Again the comments I heard from the travelling Barrovians was very positive and complimentary. Barrow will certainly have easier games this season.

Now with my Barrow hat on. We are playing better but again we aren't taking our chances, 3 or 4 good breaks ended in a poor final pass.

Today we were obviously the better team and just like the last game at Skolars we aren't quite firing on all cylinders. But a wins a win and one of these days we will click.

A attendance was a healthy 550, which seems to be settling down at around that figure. There are lots of teams in this league that would give their eye teeth for that sort of number. We see it as a starting point and are looking to improve on it as we develop and grow.

Thanks for everyone that made the trip down and if you didn't come this year, you missed a good day out, so see you next year?

Ron Banks

As usual the rowdy Barrow lot out sung the home side, the atmosphere in the bar after the game was tremendous and you will be pleased to know that loads of Coventry fans were impressed with their new friends from Barrow and are talking about coming up in August.

The feed back that I got from the Barrow fans was very positive too. I think we impressed with our facilities.

We have the largest dance troupe you have ever seen and they go down a storm, certainly the crowd enjoyed them today.

From the Bears point of view, we competed well and had a few near misses. It was a big improvement on our last game. Again the comments I heard from the travelling Barrovians was very positive and complimentary. Barrow will certainly have easier games this season.

Now with my Barrow hat on. We are playing better but again we aren't taking our chances, 3 or 4 good breaks ended in a poor final pass.

Today we were obviously the better team and just like the last game at Skolars we aren't quite firing on all cylinders. But a wins a win and one of these days we will click.

A attendance was a healthy 550, which seems to be settling down at around that figure. There are lots of teams in this league that would give their eye teeth for that sort of number. We see it as a starting point and are looking to improve on it as we develop and grow.

Thanks for everyone that made the trip down and if you didn't come this year, you missed a good day out, so see you next year?

Good report Ron, it must be strange supporting two teams. I agree the Bears have come a long way in a short time, and with crowds increasing it looks promising for the future. Has you say the Raiders will click soon, hopefully the next match. Again well done the Bears.

alan athersmith

Cannot praise Ron and the whole Bears family enough. Facilities were great, everyone from gate staff, bar staff, directors, fans were more than friendly and incredibly hospitable.

Many thanks.

Btw, we're definitely pinching 'Play Your Cards Right' for the Raiders Bar!!! We had so much fun with that!

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

A grand day out at a smashing venue...many thanks for the excellent hospitality to all concerned but especially the Bear Meister Ron.Well worth a tenner even if the match wasn't a classic and again showed

The Raiders away form to be error strewn and unconvincing.Thanks again Ron.

Archived