Coventry Game

RIGGY

Excellent win for the lads today.  Harry Aaronson two tries on debut and two good ones too !!

Tommy Gallagher using his side step !!  Ben White and Chris Atkin being try providers.

What do people think ?

Riggy

Lions were very good today. The first 40 was exhibition stuff and everyone had a good half. Second was a bit quieter!! Nice to see the lad on the wing get his debut try.Gallaghers showboating was funny, but seriously Swinton were so good today I hope the slick moves and ball handling can be reproduced in next match. Can I add that the Coventry Bears were great hosts and have a lovely set up.I am sur they will improve over the next few years.

A good solid footballing display from the Lions today at Coventry. Bags of pace all round, points producing backing up from a team determined to enjoy their rugby and thereby improve our points difference tally in the league table.

Let's hope this becomes a springboard for next Sunday's visit from our old friends from Oldham.

A great performance yesterday. But it must be said that Coventry were extremely poor. Not their fault,as I'm sure they'll learn and improve, and we can only play what is in front of us. I thought that there were some big games from most of our lads and special mention to young Harry Aaronson for a superb couple of tries on full debut. But for me the League Express has got it right by picking out Tommy Gallagher and Ben White, those 2 topped it off with outstanding performances.

A great performance yesterday. But it must be said that Coventry were extremely poor. Not their fault,as I'm sure they'll learn and improve, and we can only play what is in front of us. I thought that there were some big games from most of our lads and special mention to young Harry Aaronson for a superb couple of tries on full debut. But for me the League Express has got it right by picking out Tommy Gallagher and Ben White, those 2 topped it off with outstanding performances.

Have to say it was a good performance by Swinton yesterday. The pack played very well and I agree White had a good game. Lever and Ackers were outstanding throughout the game. I'm not sure Gallagher was man of the match though due to him only playing around 30 minutes.

Looking forward to the Oldham game now, should be good game.

Yeah Lever and Ackers are classy and I think JJ also.Lever has a great pair of hands and is rock like in defence. Ackers is a very classy 9 .I think our backs had freedom to kill yesterday such was the dominance of the forwards.Swinton are a very good side who I now think can go on and win promotion

I was a bit surprised by Coventry. I thought they'd be a much tougher side than they were. Maybe we caught them on an off day but some of their errors made it very hard for them. Twice they high tackled on the first tackle after kicking off. One kick-off went out on the full, as did another kick. A penalty kick didn't make touch though we knocked on so they got away with it. Even the goal-kicking after their tries was poor. Some of the defending was atrocious. Lever's try, our second of the game, was unopposed right under the posts. Shocking stuff.

We were ruthless and played some entertaining stuff but I think Cov will be disappointed they didn't do themselves justice. They have a superb ground and the attendance was encouraging so I really hope they can build on what they've got.

Archived