Jump to content

Toulouse (A)


Recommended Posts


Think in past years I'd have said this is a free hit for us (and to an extent it still is as we're not expected to win) where I'd just want to put in a good performance with us keeping the score down and hopefully get a try or two.

 

Toulouse though this year have been beat a few times and haven't kept teams from getting a few tries past them. We've shown glimpses of what we're capable of, both in attack and defence this season, so if we can do that for a full 80 then I genuinely think we'll win.

Be interesting if we get any dual reg players in for it too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Another said:

Think in past years I'd have said this is a free hit for us (and to an extent it still is as we're not expected to win) where I'd just want to put in a good performance with us keeping the score down and hopefully get a try or two.

Be interesting if we get any dual reg players in for it too.

Particularly if any are halfbacks.

It might be an opportunity to give Brad Walker a runout at 13.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very strange squad selection.

Firstly, we're light on forwards. No Stack, Burke, Emslie, Rathwell, Wilkinson, Walker, Clarke iffy hamstring - that's a full pack missing....but the 2 new Wigan youngsters aren't forwards.

Jacob Douglas is a winger and we already have Shaw and Bulman and 3 centres, Costello, Toal and Broadbent ahead of him.

Ryan Brown is a hooker and we already have Wood and Forber ahead of him.

Only 3 regular forwards, Silva, Greenwood and Gilliam, geez, so even if inexperienced Bedard, McMillan and Ogunwole are in the 17, we're still missing 2 forwards.

I must be missing something...expect someone will enlighten me.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Very strange squad selection.

Firstly, we're light on forwards. No Stack, Burke, Emslie, Rathwell, Wilkinson, Walker, Clarke iffy hamstring - that's a full pack missing....but the 2 new Wigan youngsters aren't forwards.

Jacob Douglas is a winger and we already have Shaw and Bulman and 3 centres, Costello, Toal and Broadbent ahead of him.

Ryan Brown is a hooker and we already have Wood and Forber ahead of him.

Only 3 regular forwards, Silva, Greenwood and Gilliam, geez, so even if inexperienced Bedard, McMillan and Ogunwole are in the 17, we're still missing 2 forwards.

I must be missing something...expect someone will enlighten me.

 

Douglas was at Haven for a few games a couple seasons ago ( I think ) decent player with plenty speed. Do DR need to play or could they miss out?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, 2Cents said:

Very strange squad selection.

Firstly, we're light on forwards. No Stack, Burke, Emslie, Rathwell, Wilkinson, Walker, Clarke iffy hamstring - that's a full pack missing....but the 2 new Wigan youngsters aren't forwards.

Jacob Douglas is a winger and we already have Shaw and Bulman and 3 centres, Costello, Toal and Broadbent ahead of him.

Ryan Brown is a hooker and we already have Wood and Forber ahead of him.

Only 3 regular forwards, Silva, Greenwood and Gilliam, geez, so even if inexperienced Bedard, McMillan and Ogunwole are in the 17, we're still missing 2 forwards.

I must be missing something...expect someone will enlighten me.

 

Don't know about Douglas but Greenwood in the pack, Brad Walker in at loose and and then one of Brown or Forber taking Walkers usual spot.

Personally I'd then put McMillan in as well with one of the others on the bench. 

That's what I'd do with the squad we've got but not sure what will happen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It'll be a pleasant surprise if we get  something out of this game with all these unwanted changes. It's a hard enough fixture even with a full squad to pick from. 

As long as they give 100% for 80 minutes, keep it simple and cut out the stupid errors that'll do for me. 

At least the heat shouldn't be an issue - It's about the same there as it is here today. Nice enough but low 20s rather than low 30s. Might be a touch on the cool side for the French. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 17/05/2024 at 13:49, Neutralfan7 said:

Douglas was at Haven for a few games a couple seasons ago ( I think ) decent player with plenty speed. Do DR need to play or could they miss out?

From the 17 who played today it looks like you HAVE to play your DR's.

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BarraFan said:

Poor! 38-16

Cat in Hell's chance of winning with hardly any forwards. 

Young Wigan hooker played loose forward and prop, centre Costello and winger Shaw played 2nd rows.

A throw away game to be honest.

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Masters 13 said:

Anyone know why we had no forwards? I'd have thought the weekend off the week before would give the players carrying knocks time to recover and time to recuperate?

Seems strange. 

Greenwood and burke had their flights cancelled. Thought it was an interesting comment from cresta about commitment on his interview 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who cancelled the flights??

  • Like 1

Lee Morton

 

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Greenwood and burke had their flights cancelled. Thought it was an interesting comment from cresta about commitment on his interview 

Only Greenwood's flight was cancelled. Cresta said Burke was injured and wasn't booked to fly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/05/2024 at 20:06, 2Cents said:

Cat in Hell's chance of winning with hardly any forwards. 

Young Wigan hooker played loose forward and prop, centre Costello and winger Shaw played 2nd rows.

A throw away game to be honest.

Brown is a prop he isn’t a hooker don’t know where this rumour is coming from I watched the game on the French channel and he went really well, similar sort of player too Kavan Rothwell would happily have him every week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1st 25 mins our handling was brilliant and 3 great tries put us up 4 - 16.

But that was as good as it got, because after that our defence was shocking. 

How's your French?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/05/2024 at 18:12, 2Cents said:

Yea, it seemed strange having 3 hookers in the squad.

His Bio says he's a hooker.

RYAN BROWN.png

Must be wrong person that he’s only 18 or 19

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.