Targeting Games

Niels

I noticed that Dewsbury seem to be targeting games successfully this season. They rested players against Warrington and Bradford recently.

Batley fielded strong sides against Widnes and Leigh and gave everything only to produce lethargic displays the games afterwards, Dewsbury and Whitehaven respectively.

Whilst it is not something that I am in favour of it does seem profitable. I did fear that the games against Leigh and London would take too much out of the side for the must win game at Whitehaven.

This week we have a game at Bradford followed by another must win game against Doncaster.

We aren't really in a position to rest players but would targeting winnable games help with such a small squad?

That may be quite a small target though Niels.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

That may be quite a small target though Niels.

I wouldnt back us to hit any target at the minute, even if it was 50 foot wide with a big cross on it.

If you painted an opposition full back on it though, Leatherbarrow would find it every time.

Sarcasm aside, a post on another thread hit the nail on the head - we seem to play well against teams we are expected to lose against, but when pressure is on in winnable games we seem to fall to pieces - all down to coaching and motivation.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Archived