I'll just leave this here for reference.

Gav Wilson

Hi Gav.Seriously not a pretty sight.I think this picture is mirrored across rugby league in the lower divisions. It's happened to us in Oldham. From our perspective losing watersheddings killed the sport in Oldham. We haven't recovered from that.On top of that the RFL changing the rules every two minutes ,fiffing and faffing about.This cheeses people off.(my opinion). Good luck in your quest for a new chairman.Hope it works out for you all.

I'm well thanks Deano. Hope you are too. I do miss the buzz I used to get being involved in the Knights and have some incredible memories, far too many to mention. Just really holding out hope that there will be a breakthough in the Community Stadium saga that will allow the Knights to get back to being a force to be reckoned with both on and off the pitch. I live in hope that we can recreate the crowds from 2005 or even better in a wonderful new stadium that is not windswept, even on a calm day! James is doing a great job with the team, we just need the rest to slot into place. I remember Steve Ferres once saying that there is the potential in York to support a SL team. I still believe that to be the case, but it needs everyone in the City to pull in the same direction.

The crusade has only just begun.

And a  few personal favourites...

• Lee Jackson signing for the Knights in December 2002.
  • Danny Brough signing in May 2003
  • Photo shoot May 2003
  • Outside the Ambrose hotel, Barrow, awaiting the coaches for the return to York.
  • At York Station before the journey down to London to face the Skolars.

post-145-0-53284600-1437336009_thumb.jpg

post-145-0-70971900-1437336026_thumb.jpg

post-145-0-25428000-1437336042_thumb.jpg

post-145-0-61205300-1437336356_thumb.jpg

post-145-0-93116800-1437336635_thumb.jpg

The crusade has only just begun.

Archived