Eddie and stevo

Firstly

I am the biggest fan ever of both of these guys

I've defended them relentlessly over twenty years

But I finally accept that time moves on and it's time for both of them to go

I have recently been annoyed with stevo's bizarre statements and sky presentation is dying a death

Let's get some new people in

I reckon all the Sky Super League team are thoroughly decent people but if we are going to be honest and frank about their quality, competence and entertainment level, especially looking ahead, lets apply some feedback:

Eddie - Keep him, he's good at what he does, cannot see anyone better to take over at the moment.

Stevo - Sadly he's retiring at season end. I rather enjoy his contributions, some of them are that bad they're entertaining. Cult hero.

Phil Clarke - Sorry Phil, nice bloke but the shepherds crook beckons, too much sitting on the fence, too much cheese on toast.

Barry - Brilliant, end of.

Terry - Almost as good as Barry.

Brian Carney - Struggling to make the cut in a packed commentary box I'm afraid. Transfer him to Channel 4 racing?

John Wells - Ditch the screen & stats overkill, give him a new role, current news etc, he could be quite good if given a chance.

Bill - Solid back up to Eddie, he could take a bigger slice of the commentary cake if need be.

Angela - Struggling to find a positive at the moment, sorry.

Apologies if I've missed anybody or upset anyone, no disrespect was intended.

Eddie and Stevo brought something new to RL presentation. Unfortunately, they did that some time ago and it's not something new anymore, but something stale and irritating.

I'd agree with post #2 that, with a new partner, Eddie can still do a decent job. He may not be the absolute best option, but are Sky going to make a big recruitment effort for a sport that isn't Football or F1.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived