Conway Celts and Nantwitch Lions.

I see that Conway and Nantwich have been added to the NWML list of community Rugby League clubs. Good Luck to both of them. And lets hope they can become established clubs. 

I'd like to see more North Wales clubs join the NWML. I think this is the best way to establish the game in North Wales.  

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Does Northwich still have a team?

Always surprised that RL has never gained a foothold in Stoke

Northwich folded a few years ago, think 2009 was their last year. Stoke used to have a local league albeit of four teams, no idea why there's been no new side there

Does Northwich still have a team?

Always surprised that RL has never gained a foothold in Stoke

With the NWML being so close to Cheshire and North Wales. Any club from these areas that joins this league has a real advantage to succeed  over other areas that have less Rugby League clubs.

It would be good to see more clubs from these areas join the merit league and just play as many friendlies as they can manage. And in time possibly establish more sustainable RL clubs. 

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Northwich folded a few years ago, think 2009 was their last year. Stoke used to have a local league albeit of four teams, no idea why there's been no new side there

Weaverham had a decent few years a while back going back a bit further in NWC League

There was a Crewe side for a bit also. But mainly Warrington players jointing the summer league if I remember correctly

Weaverham had a decent few years a while back going back a bit further in NWC League

There was a Crewe side for a bit also. But mainly Warrington players jointing the summer league if I remember correctly

Oh yeah I remember Weaverham Wolves now. Think they pretty much joined the summer as Winnington Park before becoming Northwich Stags. Shame as they were much better off in the NWCL. Crewe Wolves were pretty much all Warrington players much as Chester Wolves were pretty much all Widnes players. Crewe Wolves eventually moved to Lymm lasting a few seasons there. A new Crewe and Nantwich Steamers club based around locals were short lived and didn't have the success of Chester Gladiators. Incidentally Stoke spent a couple of years in the NWCL in the early 1990s after switching from the Midlands and South West League

Archived