25 Sept: Qualifiers: London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm

Fair do's to London who were just pipped for a MPG spot.

But comments from some of the Fev faithful of 150 who went were more along the lines of: shambolic/schoolboys errors/couldnt wait for the season to finish/woeful defending.

I thought we looked tired and beat up more than anything Mark. There were a lot of individual errors as well as missed tackles. Sharp's comments that if you could put a pair of boots on you were playing looked pretty apt (in fact Kyle Briggs when he came to thank the fans was hobbling about in only one boot).

Understand fans getting frustrated especially after the long journey but we looked mentally and physically shot to pieces today. A few fresh faces, a few weeks rest and a good pre-season and I'm optimistic we'll start looking a decent side again.

All that said, credit to London, who have improved steadily as the season progressed and were very good today. Henderson has done a fine job with them this year. They will miss Soward next year though, as he is several cuts above this level.

Best season for London since 2005 and a comprehensive win over Featherstone. When we beat Feathersdtone back in March it was a tight game with Fev having much the better of the first half. Todays game proved just how much London have kicked on as a team since then.

For sure there are departures at the end of this season but as one door closes another opens. There are some spots for overseas players and who knows thee could be another version of the young Luke Dorn out there on route....

Browny has mentioned John Sharp getting Featherstones players spending the half time break doing tackle drills. This was foolish in the extreme as Fev faded badly with a lot of energy used up.

Elliott Kear was my MOM the way in which he hunted down the number 7 who was scooting for an interception try and a one on one ball steal a particular highlight. Sowards end saw the playmaker depart for one final time. This may not be a bad thing in the long run. Simply because if have player of that quality in the team others tend to look a bit too much in his direction to get things done.

No change on the Turnstile issue as again I had to insist on making my donation but at least in the programme the new commercial manager will also be responsible for "fan re-engagement".Not such a problem with the club handing out 46-6 hidings rather than being on the end of them as has happened all too often over the last few seasons.

I posted pre-game that regardless of the result serious progress had been made this year i see no reason to change that,.The MPG would have been nice but our season when to the last game. Plenty of room for improvement but on the right track at last.

Aim up Broncos...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived