Dewsbury Away Sunday

RIGGY

I couldn't make it today but a huge well done on getting a very hard fought victory in what I believe were in very tough conditions thanks to the English weather.A magnificent effort.And I think by all accounts it was a tough day over in West Yorkshire as Fev and Oldham was low scoring too.

Yes awful conditions but well done to all the lads for a good victory.

Hope Grant Gore is feeling better as he was being treated for hypothermia at the end of the game and there were a lot of players off both sides feeling the cold too.

Roll on next week

1 hour ago, thebigbopper said:

A strange game sooooooo different to last week! Glad of the win, how many Swinton fans were there? Most I've seen away for ages somethings working......

I believe the attendance quoted at the match was 802,I hope that there were a good few hundred Swinton fans there.

A wonderful win for the Lions. I said it would be luck that won today's game due to the conditions but it turned out to be a piece of magic from Chris Atkin (I think). A lovely kick through and chase, the Dewsbury defence was not expecting it and Forsyth got on the end of it for his 3rd try in 2 games.

Despite the weather, the two teams played with spirit and it was an enthralling encounter, unlike our trip to Workington last season (under similar conditions), which was utterly dreadful.

I'm unsure why the Rams didn't go for goal from a couple of penalties, however, both Atkin and Sykes missed a kick at goal each today. 

That's a massive 2 points for us and we were due a win against Dewsbury after being well beaten in both games at their place last season and late on in the first game of 2016 at the AJ Bell.

Sheffield got off the mark and in doing so proved Toulouse are beatable, especially away from home. Bradford remain 12 points adrift at the bottom and 14 away from the Lions going into next week's game.

Well done to Rochdale and Oldham, us lot from Lancs seem to be holding our own in the early days of the 2017 Championship, despite being written off by a good few fans and RL sites. Let's hope that trend continues.

It was good to see so many traveling over the Pennines in shocking conditions,I think all players that played need a big pat on the back,they were terrible condition's to play in, can't remember the last time we played in conditions like that.

I thought we had the game won at 6-2 but a moment of magic from,was it Atkins? Won the game for. You won the game for the simple reason,you went for goal when you had the opportunity. Anyway good luck on Sunday against the Bulls and also rest of the season,apart from when you play us of course.

I'll be on that plane this weekend to support the lads in France,I'll have everything crossed hoping we don't get a tonking. See you later in the season for the return game at Sale rugby union. Enjoyed the banter last Sunday as usual.

35 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

It was good to see so many traveling over the Pennines in shocking conditions,I think all players that played need a big pat on the back,they were terrible condition's to play in, can't remember the last time we played in conditions like that.

I thought we had the game won at 6-2 but a moment of magic from,was it Atkins? Won the game for. You won the game for the simple reason,you went for goal when you had the opportunity. Anyway good luck on Sunday against the Bulls and also rest of the season,apart from when you play us of course.

I'll be on that plane this weekend to support the lads in France,I'll have everything crossed hoping we don't get a tonking. See you later in the season for the return game at Sale rugby union. Enjoyed the banter last Sunday as usual.

Cheers Graham.  Very sporting of you 

Hope your season gets better 

Some of the best fixtures are against Dewsbury 

Archived