West Wales Raiders

Angelic Cynic

After a disappointing day,yesterday,not least as I learned that some of our squad will miss the opening game v Newcastle Thunder

as they are representing Wales in the Commonwealth Championships held in Australia

we are back today in rugbyleaguetastic mood after the announcement for signing 25 being

Archie Snook.

He featured in the 2017 victory over the All Golds,at Stebonheath Park,and a repeat of the happiness on that day

cannot be repeated quickly enough.Sunday 18th February will do nicely.

The pre-season game at Wrexham at the end of the month should be interesting.

How long do those missing on 18th February get,and how long will their replacements hold onto the shirts

should they win on 18th Feb? 

My tautology for the day - The beginning is about to start...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Another young prop added to the squad

Ellis Simon,a reminder of George Tyson,now at Swinton,formerly with Oldham,Sheffield and Salford,with being a late starter.

A similar amount of skill and desire,with controlled aggression,should have the fans excited.

Season tickets being posted out today...

Wrexham time getting closer.

Another injection of pace into the squad with a winger who has represented Wales

at both Under 16 and Under 18 level.

James Smith is the young winger we wish a successful 2018 to,for the season ahead.

Another young half back is the announcement to start the week leading up to the first pre-season game

at Wrexham on Sunday.

Fraser Stroud,who was recently Down Under for the Student World Cup

will be vying for a place in the starting 17.

When you least it expect it,one sometimes gets good news.

The announcement tonight that the club have signed Dalton Desmond-Walker is one I was hoping for.

I have absolutely no idea what position he plays,or how excellent he is

but having become aware he is certainly a character - should that be a person with character?

I'm delighted we have the hirsute one.

His joie de vivre,and his travelling,reminds me of Dave Armitstead,when he was at Barrow.

These double-barrelled surnames seem popular.

I'm sure Dalty will be the same.

Well,it took some time,not helped by the RLE report which I read on Sunday night,hinting at some players expected to sign had gone elsewhere.

As the player hadn't been announced,and he certainly took the eye with his enthusiasm and readiness to play anywhere for the team,

I did think we had lost him.

But the good news is...Shaun Tennant will be playing for us in 2018.

Good news for last,or is it all good news?

Not long to find out.

First pre-season game at 2.30pm on Sunday at Queensway.Wrexham.

Having just completed the no - small task of writing out a 30 player squad list for the game on Sunday

I now learn of another young prop added to the squad.

Aneurin Walker joins and all-in-all a young squad with future potential has been established.

Good stuff,and good luck to each and all of 'em.

Can you get the Administrators to change your handle from South Wales Ironmen on the League 1 Forum?

Lots of hard work going on in Llanelli.

Very best wishes for the season

4 hours ago, gogledd said:

Can you get the Administrators to change your handle from South Wales Ironmen on the League 1 Forum?

Lots of hard work going on in Llanelli.

Very best wishes for the season

I did try the administrator for a change of username - twice! That didn't work - perhaps cos I ain't that good with 'modern' stuff.

I'll try again.

Very gracious of you,and your sportsmanship is much appreciated...and expected as you are one of many good people at a good club.

I hope you go very well this term.

Archived