2017 Invictus Games in Toronto

Cameron Highlander

Thought I'd post this here as lots of non-TWP fans seem to peruse the wolfpack forums.  The 3rd annual Invictus Games begin here tomorrow, Sept. 23rd.  Opening Ceremony at the Air Canada Centre (~20,000 capacity).  Closing Ceremony a week tomorrow, Sept. 30th. also at the Air Canada Centre.  Fine entertainment lined up for both Ceremonies.  17 Nations represented, 550 competitors, and 12 sports make up the games, including Wheelchair Rugby.  Prince Harry, the Games initiator/founder, and the Patron of Rugby League was all over the City today.  Got oodles of TV coverage of course with a massive fan following.  Don't know if he'll be here straight through continuous for the entire 8 days but I'm thinking he likely will be, since as many of you probably know, his girl-friend Meghan Markle lives here.

Not really expecting any reaction from anybody.....just thought I'd give a shout-out to/for this event that's going on here, which certainly has two Rugby connections, it's one of the Sports involved and Prince Harry.

1 hour ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Thought I'd post this here as lots of non-TWP fans seem to peruse the wolfpack forums.  The 3rd annual Invictus Games begin here tomorrow, Sept. 23rd.  Opening Ceremony at the Air Canada Centre (~20,000 capacity).  Closing Ceremony a week tomorrow, Sept. 30th. also at the Air Canada Centre.  Fine entertainment lined up for both Ceremonies.  17 Nations represented, 550 competitors, and 12 sports make up the games, including Wheelchair Rugby.  Prince Harry, the Games initiator/founder, and the Patron of Rugby League was all over the City today.  Got oodles of TV coverage of course with a massive fan following.  Don't know if he'll be here straight through continuous for the entire 8 days but I'm thinking he likely will be, since as many of you probably know, his girl-friend Meghan Markle lives here.

Not really expecting any reaction from anybody.....just thought I'd give a shout-out to/for this event that's going on here, which certainly has two Rugby connections, it's one of the Sports involved and Prince Harry.

Where and when is the wheelchair rugby?

11 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Perez failed to get a Wolfpack cap on Teresa May or Justin Trudeau. I fully expect to see the ginner one wearing one sometime this week.

DP, one never knows....things can happen.  And, the TWP twitter account is promoting the games which is good to see.   Also, what's a "ginner"?   Someone who likes gin?  Or.............?

Archived