Does anyone know.

The Baron Mk11

I read recently, I think it was on Love Rugby League, that a meeting was to go ahead between six representatives from Ch and Ch1 with representatives of Super League, to discuss the future of the lower leagues. This meeting will have no input or involvement from the RFL. Does anyone know anything about this or when and where it is to take place?

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

It comes after a meeting between Championship and League 1 clubs two weeks ago, in which they all rejected the idea of de-regulating the third tier.

The quote is from the 29/3 link below - let's hope they do not have their decision overturned in some way! 

Many SL clubs have a tendency to be self-interested & the RFL operates in it's own way!

My guess is that for 2019 there will 2 x 12 SL divisions 1 & 2 (to ensure other "favourites" & newcomers the RFL wish to include) & perhaps a rejigged Championship/League 1 of one or two divisions.  They will tell us, hopefully before the start of next season!

http://www.totalrl.com/committee-set-up-by-championship-and-league-1-clubs-ahead-of-super-league-discussions/

I really do fear for the Rochdale's, Oldham's and Swintons in rugby league, all this talk of a breakaway surely will cause the game great harm especially the small club's like ours.I dread to think what will happen to the expansion clubs, Hemel,Crusader's, Newcastle etc.It's all down to greed,this isn't what the game was founded on.This principal seems to have been blown away by superleague club's only being interested in themselves. A tree dies without its root and lower and amateur league clubs are the games root.Where do all the superstars of tomorrow come from?. Nobody seems to care anymore.

Archived