London Game

andyram

1 hour ago, YOUNG UN said:

I'll sign off now Tom . As I said your loyalty is admirable. You are pointing out facts as you say in response to my comments.

The club you stated are not responsible for squad improvement in your earlier reply. You now say they are but using the club in inverted commas. The club is the club there are no inverted commas.

Look at the team towards the back end of last season and the team that is playing now. Not much change.

We won 3 games at the start of the season against a poor Sheffield team,  Rochdale who were playing their first game and Swinton. Yes we lost to London at home closely, fair comment. From there on in nothing.

I wonder how many of our loyal fan base will agree with you that we have strengthened the squad?

You said York don't have a commercial director, you now admit they have. But he only performs the role to suit your interpretation of what a CD does. I don't care how he performs it he is doing a damn good job. I didn't realise a CD had a defined role that didn't allow him or her to get involved in marketing matches. A CD generates income for a club/business/organisation by whatever means he can.

If the above is assumption or supposition I stand corrected.

If the squad has been strengthened,  then I'm not seeing it. Worrincey would have been a terrific signing, but the demands of his first job seem to have left him overweight and unfit - although lack of fitness applies to the rest of them as well. Our DR's and loans have hardly torn up any trees, and some of our signings have hardly figured, presumably because Ned doesn't rate them. We may just scrape through and avoid the drop, but the way things look we might not. Never mind, all these clubs overstretching their finances might fall by the wayside before the end of the season eh ? ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, YOUNG UN said:

I'll sign off now Tom . As I said your loyalty is admirable. You are pointing out facts as you say in response to my comments.

The club you stated are not responsible for squad improvement in your earlier reply. You now say they are but using the club in inverted commas. The club is the club there are no inverted commas.

Look at the team towards the back end of last season and the team that is playing now. Not much change.

We won 3 games at the start of the season against a poor Sheffield team,  Rochdale who were playing their first game and Swinton. Yes we lost to London at home closely, fair comment. From there on in nothing.

I wonder how many of our loyal fan base will agree with you that we have strengthened the squad?

You said York don't have a commercial director, you now admit they have. But he only performs the role to suit your interpretation of what a CD does. I don't care how he performs it he is doing a damn good job. I didn't realise a CD had a defined role that didn't allow him or her to get involved in marketing matches. A CD generates income for a club/business/organisation by whatever means he can.

If the above is assumption or supposition I stand corrected.

10 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

If the squad has been strengthened,  then I'm not seeing it. Worrincey would have been a terrific signing, but the demands of his first job seem to have left him overweight and unfit - although lack of fitness applies to the rest of them as well. Our DR's and loans have hardly torn up any trees, and some of our signings have hardly figured, presumably because Ned doesn't rate them. We may just scrape through and avoid the drop, but the way things look we might not. Never mind, all these clubs overstretching their finances might fall by the wayside before the end of the season eh ? ;)

I shall sign off too and this will be my last post. I have enjoyed the debate and conversation, even if some of the questions you've asked about the website have felt like homework! :tongue:

My point throughout, really, is that things like commercial directors, websites, marketing and five-a-side bookings are of course important, but they aren't responsible for our own recent under-performance on the pitch, and that when you break things down, we're not performing badly in those off-field areas, certainly when compared to the likes of Batley and Barrow, who at the moment are out-performing us on the pitch.

Can we improve even further in those areas? Sure!

We disagree about recruitment, but I believe the squad was well-placed to continue its momentum following the end of 2017. We won 7 of our last 10 regular Championship matches and 4 out of 7 in the Shield, including wins over Toulouse and 40 and 50-point wins over Rochdale.

In my opinion, rising standards in the Championship (v Toulouse) and our players' lack of form (v Rochdale) have contributed to our recent struggles.

See you at Barrow away if you're going up!

Tom

Archived