Hunslet 24, York 26

Hawkwindbag

Well you can't fault the comeback and the effort from about 30 minutes on, but once again stupid mistakes and lack of focus cost us two points. Not sure why Walker wasn't playing, but for half an hour York were allowed to run riot down the left side, which I don't think would have happened had Walker and Grimshaw or Mvududu been able to play. Thankfully Chappell came back and it was his great play, catching the 25 drop out and then the kick for the half-time try that provided the catalyst for the second half performance.

We were pretty much all over them for much of the second forty but it always somehow felt just out of reach. Couldn't make head nor tail of York's second half performance, did they put the cue on the rack or spend it blowing out of their backsides? Maybe the answer is that winning 144-0 one week does not make for good preparation for the following week!

Also can't make much sense of the weekly team changes ... 3 or 4 every week without fail. Didn't notice the new prop Hema at all, and it seems Coventry is forever going to be castigated for dropping the kick off at 10-14 in the Bradford cup tie.

So we have now seen a long succession of teams classed as "potential top five material" - Bradford (twice), Keighley, Oldham, Workington, Newcastle and York, and of course us. And although each has their own strengths and weaknesses, I've actually detected very little difference in overall ability between the lot of them! And when things are that close, consistency and whoever makes fewest mistakes usually wins. Which sad to say at the moment is not us - until we put a stop to giving away 6-12 points a game with silly mistakes we're won't win many of the close ones. We're not 6-12 points better than any of the teams in that list - but neither are we 6-12 points worse ...        

ifyou could only start games on the front foot instead of having to chase games you would be higher up in the league.I know from the coaching staff and players from the Knights that this is one best Hunslet side's for a few years.Good luck for the rest of the season except when you come over to the Knights.

2010 season squad was best ive seen. sadly most seasons after paul march was shown the door its been dire...... 

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

Archived