New Directors

livo

We are pleased to announce the appointment of Joe Slater as Stadium Director and Andy Gafney as the Players Director.

Joe brings a wealth of experience in employment and business and from his long and successful playing career in the amateur ranks. Joe has been with the club for a few weeks, before being formally voted on at the most recent board meeting, and he has already identified numerous maintenance tasks that are required to keep the ground up to minimum standards. He is hoping to organise a volunteer team to get stuck in to the tasks at hand.

Andy returns to the club in an associate director capacity. He has maintained a close working relationship with the playing and coaching staff and has numerous contacts throughout the rugby league community. He will be a massive help in working with the coach and board assembling a competitive team for Championship rugby.

There are still vacancies on the board for the right calibre individuals. We are looking for directors to specifically take the following positions:

Council Member

Their responsibility is to attend RFL Council Meetings etc. and report back to the Board. Keith Holt is currently carrying out this role

Media Director

To liaise with the Press and all media outlets - facebook/twitter/website
To promote and advertise the club/events/signings etc.

Facility Director

Responsible for bar outlets, including all stock management, cleaning and opening/closing facilities
Responsible for snack bar outlets including stock management
Responsible for boardroom catering

There are volunteers doing a great job managing these areas but the director would provide a line of responsibility and look to implement improvements.

Hospitality Director

To fill the Boxes with drink pre match (make sure all boxes have plates/serviettes/glasses etc.)
To make sure the Sponsors (Boardroom and Boxes) are looked after and have everything they need
Order Buffets for the Boxes as required
Order Programmes to be distributed to the Boardroom/Boxes

Commercial and Fundraising Director

Responsible for organising fundraising events and bringing in sponsorship revenue

Finance Director

Liaise with the RFL regards the Salary Cap Return
Keep the Board updated with the Daily Cash Flow
Complete Budgets
Confirm Playing Budget at the beginning of each Season
Authorise any large spends
Liaise with the Commercial/Fundraising Director regards expected revenue

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

I was just about to put the same statement on the Forum because I am conscious that not everybody reads Face Book. I tend to read both but I started reading the Forum long before there was access to Face Book.

Can I mention that a number of supporters are not aware of the cricket match tomorrow. I cannot attend  because I have something else on but it would be nice to see a decent turnout.

Archived