Championship TV coverage

Pretty good news I'd say emerging today about Championship TV covergae this year
- Sky will be showing all Toronto's games, home and away
- Summer Bash and play-off games to be shown
-  OurLeague app/website to show 1 game each week from Championship/League 1/Women's RL/Challenge Cup.
- OurLeague also set to stage a magazine show for the Championship and League 1 featuring compliation of the best action, talking points etc.

Have seen a few people moaning about why Toronto's games get shown rather than all their own teams but the fact is they have financed it, will produce the broadcasts and have reached an agreement with Sky about it. At least it means we get the opportunity to watch more Championship RL than would otherwise be the case and only a small proportion of each team's fans can get to Canada to watch their team.

Doesn't alter the fact that the RFL/Sky contract originally sold Championship (and League 1) short as it led to regular games disappearing, but at least this is a step in the right direction.

20 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I don't think too many games will be on the main channels though. Sky will dictate when the televised games are to be played. there will be no consideration given to the real supporters. Be careful what you wish for.

Fair point, I think the manner in which Sky dictate game days/times is indeed a major issue, you see it with SL all the time as well as football etc.  Can't remember if they changed many of Toronto's games last year though?

Not sure what you mean by the "main channels", realise not everyone has or wants Sky but at least there are more options to watch live games now and also anyone with a laptop will be able to see the OurLeague games (or stream it through their TV).

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fair point, I think the manner in which Sky dictate game days/times is indeed a major issue, you see it with SL all the time as well as football etc.  Can't remember if they changed many of Toronto's games last year though?

Not sure what you mean by the "main channels", realise not everyone has or wants Sky but at least there are more options to watch live games now and also anyone with a laptop will be able to see the OurLeague games (or stream it through their TV).

Don't forget that Sky didn't broadcast TWP games, it was Premier. Not sure of Sky's access to Canadian TV broadcasting but would have thought they would want live away games to be screened at times suitable to that market which could well have a bearing on ko times, and days.

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Don't forget that Sky didn't broadcast TWP games, it was Premier. Not sure of Sky's access to Canadian TV broadcasting but would have thought they would want live away games to be screened at times suitable to that market which could well have a bearing on ko times, and days.

Matthew Shaw tweeted that there were no plans to change kick off times of Toronto's games.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Could you please tell me more about OurLeague. How much does it cost and if you have a computer can you access it? I have never heard of it before your message about  coverage. 

2 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Could you please tell me more about OurLeague. How much does it cost and if you have a computer can you access it? I have never heard of it before your message about  coverage. 

You sign up here https://membership.rugby-league.com/login/

It's free once you have registered.

When they are showing a live game, they put up a link (entitled something like "Videos"), you log in and click on it. Then you can watch it on your computer, or on your TV if you have a smart tv.

Archived