Carcassonne XIII v Villeneuve/Lot

On 26/04/2019 at 16:44, deluded pom? said:

What would you say is the biggest match in Elite 1? By that I mean the equivalent of Sts v Wigan for example rather than a specific competition.

Probably between the Aude clubs. It's good this year because all three are doing Ok. Carcassonne should pull more with its population (50,000) with Limoux and Lezignan small towns (8-9000). What's interesting is that historically Catalans/Toulouse from what I know never pulled big crowds but thats not saying they wouldn't in the future in different circumstances.

On 26/04/2019 at 17:16, Lowdesert said:

Could we see increased fund allocation should USAP dive again A?

Not sure. From what I know the department (Pyrenées-Orientales) seem to give more to the Dragons than they do to USAP while the  Perpignan ville seem to support USAP more. I presume you get more sponsorship from playing in Top 14 than in Pro 2 though. The"Sud de France' marque on the Dragons jerseys is one of the Region Occitanie promotions too.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

Probably between the Aude clubs. It's good this year because all three are doing Ok. Carcassonne should pull more with its population (50,000) with Limoux and Lezignan small towns (8-9000). What's interesting is that historically Catalans/Toulouse from what I know never pulled big crowds but thats not saying they wouldn't in the future in different circumstances.

Not sure. From what I know the department (Pyrenées-Orientales) seem to give more to the Dragons than they do to USAP while the  Perpignan ville seem to support USAP more. I presume you get more sponsorship from playing in Top 14 than in Pro 2 though. The"Sud de France' marque on the Dragons jerseys is one of the Region Occitanie promotions too.

Thanks A.  Seem to remember the Cats allocation increasing a couple of years ago, but could be wrong in that timescale.  It would help!

Archived