BBC website

11 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

The root problem is, RL doesn't have a foundation for "marketing themselves properly and making themselves relevant".  When clubs in the so-called "Super League" get the same sort of crowds as Tranmere Rovers and Grimsby Town, there's no basis in the sport for creating that relevance.

I disagree that the sport can't be relevant. We've got stories to tell and something different to offer. In my view the problem is that the clubs are waiting for somebody else to tell those stories and offer what we have to new audiences. The governing body has a responsibility, but the clubs are the primary point of consumption, they are the controllers of the product and distribution of the product and they own the rights to the players. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, whatmichaelsays said:

I disagree that the sport can't be relevant. We've got stories to tell and something different to offer. In my view the problem is that the clubs are waiting for somebody else to tell those stories and offer what we have to new audiences. The governing body has a responsibility, but the clubs are the primary point of consumption, they are the controllers of the product and distribution of the product and they own the rights to the players. 

I never said that it can't be relevant, only that it doesn't have a basis for that now.  That relevance won't happen as long as the game is primarily played in what one poster referred to as "northern villages" the other week.

22 hours ago, iangidds said:

I’m back in the uk now and see not one story on the main page but 3 of the opposite code

Right now: 14 main stories, 0 for either code.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived