Plastic Free at Crusaders

gogledd

Plastic Free: North Wales Crusaders Supporters Trust have purchased reusable pint and half-pint drinks 'glasses' for use at our home games, starting with our next home game against Whitehaven on Sunday 19th May

There will be no more single-use plastic cups.

Supporters pay a £2 deposit which can be reclaimed OR fan can keep their 'glass' as a souvenir OR reuse it at the next game.

Don't forget you'll need to pay a deposit as there will be no alternative drink 'glass' unless you bring your own.

THANKS FOR SUPPORTING OUR EFFORTS TO GO 'PLASTIC-FREE

MAJ

• 3 weeks later...

Really disappointed that our re-usable drinks cups haven't been delivered. They've been made and sent out for dispatch but have been sat in the distribution centre in Northampton since Tuesday. Unfortunately we have been let down by the delivery company.

MAJ

We have been using them at Batley all season and we only pay a pound deposit which is refundable if you don't want to keep it.

I have mine at home and intend to take it on holiday with me.

I like the idea of it.

You would be surprised at how many still get left and the kids go around and collect them for the money he he.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/05/2019 at 12:09, RogerT said:

You would be surprised at how many still get left and the kids go around and collect them for the money he he.

Our first week of using them this week. It was great to see the litter bins empty of the usual pile of single use 'glasses'. Not sure if our kids did well or our fans are reluctant to part with £2! 

Next project - get rid of water bottles and have a refill point.!

That's a good idea about the water refill point. Did you have anything emblazoned on your plastic glasses, I tried to find one on our website and forum no luck I'll have to take a photo of one for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/06/2019 at 20:22, RogerT said:

That's a good idea about the water refill point. Did you have anything emblazoned on your plastic glasses, I tried to find one on our website and forum no luck I'll have to take a photo of one for you.

IMG-20190522-WA0000.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2019 at 18:32, RogerT said:

Not only are we plastic free, but have solar panels and a big wind turbine as well so we are self sufficient.

Admirable. I wish we had our own stadium to replicate this.

3 hours ago, Junior Shabadoo said:

The fans’ forum talked about alternative venues. Do you have any idea what was said? When it comes to Wrexham there doesn’t seem to be options I can think of.

Hi, I've sent you a message about the venues. Don't want to name any here as the club has not made any approaches yet.

The Racecourse is ruled out because it is too expensive and the football club don't want us there. Cefn Druids are keen to have us back, but their synthetic pitch is not suitable for rugby so we can't go there.

If we do leave Queensway, we will be leaving Wrexham, but we will be staying in North Wales.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Archived