clifford

West Wales

On 02/07/2019 at 00:19, Bedford Roughyed said:

Haha, no I think Dave's tweets are great, its the periods with no scores and there is silence... are we getting close?  Are they on our line?  

I tried using voice commands recently.  Worked great at home but at a game with all the ambient noise what appeared on screen was a bit different to the words I'd used.

Last Sunday I was going to put a tweet out saying half/full time scores only since I was manning the video.  At the last  minute I decided to have a go at putting out the tries.

It was a bit traumatic.  Try is scored.  Focus on players, slowly pan out to reveal posts and Chewy lining up the kick.  Lock the camera in place, pull phone out of pocket.

Look at the time, type "36' tdl" which expands to Try OLDHAM, Danny Langtree sponsored by bla bla bla.

Look up to see kick sailing through/past the posts.  Phone back in pocket, no time to tweet about the conversion, unlock camera, pan across to the kick-off.  Away we go again.

Next break, type "cs" which expands to current score and then manually type in the score.

It was all a bit Heath Robinson but I got there of sorts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 01/07/2019 at 00:14, RL does what Sky says said:

I agree about the comment regarding the BBC. For the past few weeks they have stopped giving live updated scores for League 1 on their sport website yet still do so for Super League and the Championship.

I have therefore written to them asking why they have suddenly stopped doing so and will let you know when/if I receive a reply.

Update, as promised ....

Having sent my complaints to the BBC on 30 June, I have now received a generic e-mail from the BBC as follows ...

------------------------

"This is an update to let you know that we had referred your complaint to the relevant people and regret that it may take a little longer before we can reply. Please do not contact us in the meantime.

Although we reply to most complaints within 2 weeks we cannot achieve this every time. It depends on what your complaint was about and how many others we are handling, or may sometimes be due to more practical issues. For example a production team may already be working on another programme or have gone on location."

--------------------------

Again, I will let you know if I receive any further reply.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Update, as promised ....

Having sent my complaints to the BBC on 30 June, I have now received a generic e-mail from the BBC as follows ...

------------------------

"This is an update to let you know that we had referred your complaint to the relevant people and regret that it may take a little longer before we can reply. Please do not contact us in the meantime.

Although we reply to most complaints within 2 weeks we cannot achieve this every time. It depends on what your complaint was about and how many others we are handling, or may sometimes be due to more practical issues. For example a production team may already be working on another programme or have gone on location."

--------------------------

Again, I will let you know if I receive any further reply.

I once complained to the BBC about rugby league coverage or lack of. I got a similar response. Typical BBC. If you get a reply I'll be most impressed as I got diddly squat. 

Again, further to my previous comments about contacting the BBC regarding them having stopped giving up-to-date live scores of League 1 on the BBC Sport website, I have now received the following (having originally wrote to them on 30 June) ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are contacting you to apologise that we’ve not been able to reply to your complaint within the time period we aim for. We manage this for most complaints but regret it’s not always possible to achieve.

If you wish to refer this delay and the substance of your complaint to the BBC’s regulator Ofcom, you can do so online at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/how-to-report-a-complaint/bbc-tv-channel-radio-station-bbciplayer or by post to: Ofcom, Riverside House, 2a Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HA. Please include for Ofcom your latest correspondence from and to the BBC and any BBC case reference numbers which you have been given. 

Full details of the BBC’s complaints process can be found by visiting http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle-complaint/,and full details of Ofcom’s complaints process are available at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/information-for-industry/guidance/procedures.

In the meantime we appreciate your patience and will respond as soon as we can.

Kind regards 

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, yes, I will be contacting Ofcom and will again keep you posted of any further progression on the matter.

When I have contacted the BBC before I have usually got a quick reply in which they defend any of their actions yet it appears this time they haven't got a leg to stand on and are therefore trying to just ignore answering the question.  Surely it is easy for the BBC to either say "No, we are not going to do them" or "Yes, we will reinstate the service". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 27/07/2019 at 23:03, RL does what Sky says said:

So, yes, I will be contacting Ofcom and will again keep you posted of any further progression on the matter.

When I have contacted the BBC before I have usually got a quick reply in which they defend any of their actions yet it appears this time they haven't got a leg to stand on and are therefore trying to just ignore answering the question.  Surely it is easy for the BBC to either say "No, we are not going to do them" or "Yes, we will reinstate the service". 

I'm glad to see you're pressing ahead with a complaint to Ofcom. I doubt it will change anything but the BBC could at least show the courtesy of a prompt and proper response. Well done for taking action and persevering.

It's always irritated me that Northwest Tonight's round-up of the weekends football games includes local teams in Leagues 1 and 2 but only Superleague and Championship rugby teams get a mention and the lower leagues are ignored. A big chunk of the RL heartland is in their coverage area so why the discrimination? Maybe the clubs should get together and organise a petition.

Edited by WellWisher
  • Like 1

Yes I know this is a thread for a long time ago but I had previously posted on here and promised to give an update on my contact with the BBC regarding them having stopped giving live score updates for League 1 on their sport website.   So, here is their latest reply after I had been in touch with Ofcom .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting us about the BBC Sport website.

Firstly, I’m sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I know people appreciate a prompt response and unfortunately we’ve taken longer to reply than usual – please accept our apologies.

I understand you are unhappy that Rugby League scores have not been updating for League 1.

Our data is uploaded automatically by external data providers and with the number of pages we have, sometimes issues slip through but we do try and identify that (sometimes with the help of our users) and correct as soon as possible.

We can therefore only apologise for any inconvenience caused, and would like to thank you for brining this issue to our attention.

Please rest assured your complaint has been seen by our Sport website editors. Your concerns were also forwarded to senior management on our audience feedback report which is one of the most widely read sources of feedback within the BBC.

Many thanks, once again, for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind regards

Janine McMeekin

BBC Complaints Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, it doesn't actually say yet that the live updates will recommence but let's see what happens in the coming weeks If they don't I will pursue the matter again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Yes I know this is a thread for a long time ago but I had previously posted on here and promised to give an update on my contact with the BBC regarding them having stopped giving live score updates for League 1 on their sport website.   So, here is their latest reply after I had been in touch with Ofcom .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting us about the BBC Sport website.

Firstly, I’m sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I know people appreciate a prompt response and unfortunately we’ve taken longer to reply than usual – please accept our apologies.

I understand you are unhappy that Rugby League scores have not been updating for League 1.

Our data is uploaded automatically by external data providers and with the number of pages we have, sometimes issues slip through but we do try and identify that (sometimes with the help of our users) and correct as soon as possible.

We can therefore only apologise for any inconvenience caused, and would like to thank you for brining this issue to our attention.

Please rest assured your complaint has been seen by our Sport website editors. Your concerns were also forwarded to senior management on our audience feedback report which is one of the most widely read sources of feedback within the BBC.

Many thanks, once again, for taking the time to get in touch.

Kind regards

Janine McMeekin

BBC Complaints Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, it doesn't actually say yet that the live updates will recommence but let's see what happens in the coming weeks If they don't I will pursue the matter again.

On the back of your message, I  looked up BBC Sport online editor and happened upon this guy,. so I  tweeted him lets see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SINGE said:

Hopefully sorted.

PS Was that your tweet saying it did not work? @RL does what Sky says

image.png.2c63ff9a8a14c015e1c9f303ca4942d7.png

No, not mine. Obviously someone else was complaining about it too.

As it happens just yesterday I received a reply back from Ofcom telling me they had themselves been in touch with the BBC about the issue and had been told it should hopefully be resolved shortly.

Edited by RL does what Sky says
  • Like 1

Just updating once more ...

As they say .. "If you don't ask, you don't get" !!!

The League 1 latest scores are now again being updated on the BBC Sport RL website.

Latest scores from this afternoon (Sat 7 Sep)

BETFRED LEAGUE 1

Coventry Bears 0Whitehaven RLFC36

Edited by RL does what Sky says
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1