Jourfett to fev

Keep The Faith

53 minutes ago, coolie said:

Specially when Feb get given a quarter of their squad ????

They just need to promote the top six into super league. Then there would be nowt to grumble about.Fev cheating by having DR all to themselves. Leigh signing all their ex players with all their money. Toronto with its big money backer. Toulouse too fancy for their own good.York for having the cheek to stay in the top five and Sheffield with that ###### ground. The championship will be better without them. I know its disappointing when you dont achieve what you set out to do been there and got the t shirt.Its just end of the season blues. And its not quite over yet??????Its only a game?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coolie said:

Specially when Feb get given a quarter of their squad ????

damm only a quarter of our squad that's where FEV's  going wrong if we get all our squad given then we would be sat top of the league when are we ever going to learn???

5 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Im only bantering. I could be crying in four matches time???

We know you are Philip I'd rather have your season than ours,ours has been a rollercoaster (more than usual) we seem over the last few years to be in a perpetual avoid relegation struggle,which we all know rugby league is a big wheel that turns relentlessly sometimes your on top, sometimes stuck in the middle and for a few it's seems like living on the bottom,fev have been fortunate to live in the top end of middle,and it only takes injuries,bad results ,poor signings...to join us in the also rans ,game has to change... evolve where the risk of relegation at the bottom is eased so teams can take a risk without fear of dropping into the graveyard of championship 1 the bowels of rugby league,I'd like to see relegation for all divisions with this difference ,if you get promoted your excused from relegation the next season,this would give teams a chance to step up,look at this season's super League,London came up and had to build a side in a few months by this time the merry-go-round of players was just about all done and dusted,if London come bottom this season and are relegated it seems a little harsh,and the likes of hull kr, Huddersfield, Wakefield get to fight another day,now if London had the get out of jail no relegation card it would make the other bottom feeders get their acts together,if Toronto go up and their exempt next year from relegation that will make the competition stronger,same for the championship,team coming up is exempt giving them a season to stabilise their squads...for me that's the future of the game ,and gives everybody a sporting chance to climb up the big wheel of rugby league.

58 minutes ago, coolie said:

We know you are Philip I'd rather have your season than ours,ours has been a rollercoaster (more than usual) we seem over the last few years to be in a perpetual avoid relegation struggle,which we all know rugby league is a big wheel that turns relentlessly sometimes your on top, sometimes stuck in the middle and for a few it's seems like living on the bottom,fev have been fortunate to live in the top end of middle,and it only takes injuries,bad results ,poor signings...to join us in the also rans ,game has to change... evolve where the risk of relegation at the bottom is eased so teams can take a risk without fear of dropping into the graveyard of championship 1 the bowels of rugby league,I'd like to see relegation for all divisions with this difference ,if you get promoted your excused from relegation the next season,this would give teams a chance to step up,look at this season's super League,London came up and had to build a side in a few months by this time the merry-go-round of players was just about all done and dusted,if London come bottom this season and are relegated it seems a little harsh,and the likes of hull kr, Huddersfield, Wakefield get to fight another day,now if London had the get out of jail no relegation card it would make the other bottom feeders get their acts together,if Toronto go up and their exempt next year from relegation that will make the competition stronger,same for the championship,team coming up is exempt giving them a season to stabilise their squads...for me that's the future of the game ,and gives everybody a sporting chance to climb up the big wheel of rugby league.

Well I remember Dewsbury being the bees knees at the turn of the century. I do know what you are saying but in all walks of life everything changes. I'm old enough to remember Wakefield in the sixties ruling the roost and being a Fev fan from Sharlston that wasnt nice?Fev like Dewsbury are only a small community club and in the past bred our own players and had to sell them on to survive but Fev always punched above their weight even in the big league. DR is terrible we all know that even us Fev fans will agree on that but I cant see that changing any time soon. As for league one that looks like being set afloat soon and a new name for the Championship. So once again times of change but thats Rugby League for you. To finish and with apologies to Batley fans for hi jacking I would like to say that seeing Dewsbury twice this season it beggars belief that you are not on the edge of top five.

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Absolutely great idea coolie.  

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Well I remember Dewsbury being the bees knees at the turn of the century. I do know what you are saying but in all walks of life everything changes. I'm old enough to remember Wakefield in the sixties ruling the roost and being a Fev fan from Sharlston that wasnt nice?Fev like Dewsbury are only a small community club and in the past bred our own players and had to sell them on to survive but Fev always punched above their weight even in the big league. DR is terrible we all know that even us Fev fans will agree on that but I cant see that changing any time soon. As for league one that looks like being set afloat soon and a new name for the Championship. So once again times of change but thats Rugby League for you. To finish and with apologies to Batley fans for hi jacking I would like to say that seeing Dewsbury twice this season it beggars belief that you are not on the edge of top five.

Yes dr is terrible, and some supporters cant see it changing any time too. But it could change over night if clubs  refused to use it. Too many clubs are dependant on it now. If clubs signed enough players at the beginning of a season it wouldn't be needed. If clubs could only dr with a championship 1 club would they be as fast to use it. I think not.

41 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Yes dr is terrible, and some supporters cant see it changing any time too. But it could change over night if clubs  refused to use it. Too many clubs are dependant on it now. If clubs signed enough players at the beginning of a season it wouldn't be needed. If clubs could only dr with a championship 1 club would they be as fast to use it. I think not.

SL would need to give the CH more money to do this. As things stand, I really cannot see this happening.

We have a squad of approx 25 players. If the avg, wage is £10k per season, we would need to find another £50k from somewhere to increase the squad to 30. On CH gates, £50k is not easily found. 

The other problem is, players like Broadbent for example, are probably on approx £25k a season, (I'd be surprised if he would turn FT for much less), that is as much as we would pay for our top players, that are proven CH players. There would not be many CH clubs willing to pay that sort of money on a lad who is not proven. So where would these lads play, if their only option was playing in the CH on £10k a season? Would they even bother playing and be lost to the game, if they could not earn the sort of money they get at Leeds or Wigan as a junior? 

27 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

SL would need to give the CH more money to do this. As things stand, I really cannot see this happening.

We have a squad of approx 25 players. If the avg, wage is £10k per season, we would need to find another £50k from somewhere to increase the squad to 30. On CH gates, £50k is not easily found. 

The other problem is, players like Broadbent for example, are probably on approx £25k a season, (I'd be surprised if he would turn FT for much less), that is as much as we would pay for our top players, that are proven CH players. There would not be many CH clubs willing to pay that sort of money on a lad who is not proven. So where would these lads play, if their only option was playing in the CH on £10k a season? Would they even bother playing and be lost to the game, if they could not earn the sort of money they get at Leeds or Wigan as a junior? 

Some truth said in that dogfather. But then again if the salary cap wasnt so high and clubs had more or less same amount of money each season to mould a squad I think it would make the competition more attractive to the paying public. Most fans can look at the weekly fixtures and pick out the winners even before a ball is kicked. So many fans are staying away now because they  have fallen out with the way the game is run with clubs using dr and loan players all season through. I don't know what the answers are , but I sure can remember back in the day when dr was not in use and we could now and again bring a little gem up through the ranks  and make a few quid by giving them a shot at sl. 

11 hours ago, Dog forever said:

If the salary cap wasnt so high and clubs had more or less same amount of money each season to mould a squad I think it would make the competition more attractive to the paying public... 

I totally agree with you. As much as Fev spend, and no matter how many loanees they bring in, or how much success they enjoy on the field, I honestly can never see a day when they will be allowed in to SL.

They were kicked out because they are a village team and close to 2 established SL teams, I don't agree with the reasoning in any way shape or form, but the way the game is run, and has been for so long, by a few self interested clubs with total disregard for the game as a whole, I can never see that changing.

As much as I do not like licencing, or the idea of franchising, promotion and relegation will never work whilst there is such a huge gulf in funding/money between the divisions.

Therefore we might as well go back to having a smaller cap in the CH and forget about the notion of trying to reach the SL.

...I sure can remember back in the day when dr was not in use and we could now and again bring a little gem up through the ranks  and make a few quid by giving them a shot at sl. 

Very true, it is how most smaller teams, including the likes of the "mighty" Featherstone survived and competed at the top level.

The Bosman ruling killed that avenue of funding though for all of the smaller clubs and destroyed any hope of ever competing, without the aid of a sugar daddy. 

I doubt it, but if/once we leave the EU, will that ruling be rejected and returned to how things were before it was brought in? Afterall, it was a ruling brought in by the European Court of Justice, about a football player in Belgium.

Archived