Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Nintendo64

RFL ruining the amateur game

Recommended Posts

So with the RFL bringing in that the pro clubs can take amateur players without a contract. What happens if the player gets injured playing for the pro club? What player wouldn’t want to play but what happens to their amateur status afterwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point in time most pro clubs sign amateur players on terms and conditions contracts by which they cant play for their amateur club.After an agreement between the RFL and NCL that contract is been replaced by a amateur contract by which if the player is not selected by the pro club he if so wishes is free to play for his amateur club without restriction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, billy the bison said:

At this point in time most pro clubs sign amateur players on terms and conditions contracts by which they cant play for their amateur club.After an agreement between the RFL and NCL that contract is been replaced by a amateur contract by which if the player is not selected by the pro club he if so wishes is free to play for his amateur club without restriction.

I understand that part but what happens if the player is injured playing for the professional club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, billy the bison said:

At this point in time most pro clubs sign amateur players on terms and conditions contracts by which they cant play for their amateur club.After an agreement between the RFL and NCL that contract is been replaced by a amateur contract by which if the player is not selected by the pro club he if so wishes is free to play for his amateur club without restriction.

So the amateur 

 

Just now, Nintendo64 said:

I understand that part but what happens if the player is injured playing for the professional club?

Lets be truthful, its another thing that the pro clubs will have to help them field a team without having to pay contract money, but the insurance side of things for the amateur player if injured is another question,  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JMB said:

So the amateur 

 

Lets be truthful, its another thing that the pro clubs will have to help them field a team without having to pay contract money, but the insurance side of things for the amateur player if injured is another question,  

Totally agree. There’s no way the pro clubs will want to cover the insurance for the amateurs. That being said it only takes one player to get injured and it will all go up in flames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro clubs shouldn't have to rely on amateur players to make up a team, because that's all that is happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JMB said:

Pro clubs shouldn't have to rely on amateur players to make up a team, because that's all that is happening. 

No they shouldn’t, your 100% correct however they know not many amateurs are going to turn it down. That’s what they are hoping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...