Sign in to follow this  
DoubleD

Sky Sport increase sponsorship of Women’s Rugby League in New Zealand

Sky sponsored and broadcast last week`s two Pacific tests ( Kiwi Ferns v Fetu Samoa and Tonga v Niue) which are up on YouTube.

Both games were interesting, but curiously I enjoyed the Tonga 66 Niue 8 game the most. It was 38-0 after 27 minutes and 38-8 at the 54 minute mark. They play 80 minutes, so this was the ultimate game of three thirds and a caution not to judge a game only by the final score.

The Niue women produced more than enough to indicate they deserve to keep playing internationals, and the general reaction of their RL community regarded the whole event as a success.

Perhaps the next time the Jillaroos play the Ferns in Auckland it could be a triple header with Cook Islands v Niue and Samoa v Tonga.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)