2020 NRL Supercoach Forum League - SC Season Completed

This week you were in 1 of 3 camps;

Captain Teddy - Bingo

Teddy in your team - Nice

No Teddy - ?

Sadly I was in the latter camp.?

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Graham said:

Same here... the question is do I go for him this week?

I will be G, I don't think you'll be able to compete without him and Papenhuyzen is frustrating the hell out of ne.?

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Papenhuyzen is so close to a mega score and that makes him particularly frustrating. Cant afford Tedesco now until he comes down in price again. Which he will about round 10 or so. 100 from Ponga this week...……………...please

• Graham changed the title to 2020 NRL Supercoach Forum League - After Round 5 (usually updated Mondays)

Points were harder to come by in Round 6

Still 15/20 got scores over 1,000 with others close to that mark.

I'm glad I took the risk and moved TTurbo out of my squad just before this round.

Looks like he will be out at least 6 weeks and maybe 8 weeks with his hamstring injury.

James is top of the ladders and setting the standard. 

• Graham changed the title to 2020 NRL Supercoach Forum League - After Round 6 (usually updated Mondays)

Carnage this week.

Twal injured, Katoa injured, Carrigan suspended, Best suspended, Isaako dropped & Williame injured.

Where do I start this weeekend???

Well done to the Pinging Pongas. 81st in the list is a brilliant effort.  Hope you can keep it going.?

The big question... WILL TEDDY PLAY IN ROUND 7?

There’s talk he will be rested against Dragons. The concussion of last week means he has to go through a series of checks or as they are now described, protocols.

The Roosters game is tomorrow.

You got him?

You playing him?

There’s question marks over whether one or two othe4 big names will play too!

• Graham changed the title to 2020 NRL Supercoach Forum League - After Round 6 (R7 THE BIG QUESTION)

The Roosters have suffered a huge blow with both superstar fullback James Tedesco and veteran centre Josh Morris ruled out of Friday’s clash with the Dragons.

Brisbane will add teenage halfback Tom Dearden to its bench for Round 7 in a clear message to the underperforming Anthony Milford he needs to lift his game.

I am making a big assumption here and because of that I hope I am wrong. If I am wrong I apologise profusely.

I have noticed that a member of our league, Simon, has recently dropped down our league to the bottom.

Simon has taken part in this competition for many years. Indeed I believe he has been taking part from the beginning 15 years ago. He normally scores well and maintains a decent league position. 

This year Simon’s team has been given the name ich brauche hilfe which translates as ‘I need help’ rather than in previous years when his teams have had place names relating to his German location.

Elsewhere on this forum some of us have been following the illness of Lounge Room Lizard who in the past has taken part in our tipping competition here.

I have a feeling that Lounge Room Lizard is Simon and that Simon is Simon Cooper who lived and worked in Germany and who has recently died after a long and gruelling battle with cancer, some of which was documented by him on the TotalRL forum. 

If our Simon is who I fear he is, then I am desperately upset.

We will have lost a man who has helped the development of our game and who has left behind him a loving wife and young daughter.

Simon (Cooper), a courageous man who deserves to rest in peace.

I repeat, I am making an assumption here and because of that I hope I am wrong. If I am wrong I apologise hugely.

I desperately hope I am wrong.

• Graham changed the title to 2020 NRL Supercoach Forum League - After Round 6 SIMON COOPER RIP

I'd noticed that Simon had not been updating his team as well Graham.  This suprised me too as he's always been competitive in this league and we've had a fair few "fantasy" tussles over the last 5 years that I've taken part.

Like you, I really hope what you've said is not true.☹?

• Graham changed the title to 2020 NRL Supercoach Forum League - After Round 7 SIMON COOPER RIP
On 17/06/2020 at 21:32, Spotty Herbert said:

Papenhuyzen is so close to a mega score and that makes him particularly frustrating. Cant afford Tedesco now until he comes down in price again. Which he will about round 10 or so. 100 from Ponga this week...……………...please

I was so confident Pappy would go big I failed to captain him when he did. I think I have about 8 fit players for this week ……..

20 hours ago, Graham said:

I could do with 5 swaps this week...

I've been trying to bin Billy Walters, Jamil Hopoate and Williame for weeks but had to leave them in my squad doing nothing because of injuries. On top of that I have Katoa (Warriors) and Horsburgh now out. They would take 5 swaps on top of the 2 I have already done. We should start a petition to be allowed to buy extra trades!

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I've been trying to bin Billy Walters, Jamil Hopoate and Williame for weeks but had to leave them in my squad doing nothing because of injuries. On top of that I have Katoa (Warriors) and Horsburgh now out. They would take 5 swaps on top of the 2 I have already done. We should start a petition to be allowed to buy extra trades!

Must confess, I'm carrying some dead wood too!

Archived