20/21 Season

Eddie

6 hours ago, BJW said:

Elite 2 starts weekend 3/4 October. Elite one starts weekend 30 October/1 November.

All fixtures here https://www.ffr13.fr/competitions/

I hope the 20/21 French season isn`t going to be like this year`s English women`s SL, where all the players kept training so that they`d be good to go should they finally hear something definite and positive. Then after repeated deferrals, the season was officially cancelled.

On many French RL social media pages there are items about signings, recruitments, resumptions of training, etc. Yet, given that the government are making even spectators at the Tour de France wear masks, it`s clear that if the season were set to start this weekend it would have to be put back. They surely don`t have the resources to create "bubbles" like the NRL and SL.

What`s going to change in a month or two? If anything, all the talk about avoiding a second wave in the winter will likely get more urgent.

Presume they have to plan now for next season but they can't control events outside their hands ? If they hadn't released fixtures then they'd be hung out to dry for ineptness.

I hope it goes ahead as planning to go to magic weekend but not booked yet.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

11 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I hope the 20/21 French season isn`t going to be like this year`s English women`s SL, where all the players kept training so that they`d be good to go should they finally hear something definite and positive. Then after repeated deferrals, the season was officially cancelled.

On many French RL social media pages there are items about signings, recruitments, resumptions of training, etc. Yet, given that the government are making even spectators at the Tour de France wear masks, it`s clear that if the season were set to start this weekend it would have to be put back. They surely don`t have the resources to create "bubbles" like the NRL and SL.

What`s going to change in a month or two? If anything, all the talk about avoiding a second wave in the winter will likely get more urgent.

What can they do, they can’t not arrange any fixtures but like all sports if there’s another lockdown they’ll have to stop playing. Anyway crowds in Elite 1 are (as I understand it) usually well below 1,000 so they’d probably be ok as things are now. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/french-round-up-jouffret-snr-returns-to-avignon-another-serbian-at-carpentras-villegas-retires/

Wasn`t quite sure where to post this and didn`t want to keep on starting new threads. But I thought the bit about 4 Serbians playing in the Elite 2 team Carpentras was good news and worth sharing.

On 09/10/2020 at 02:51, The Rocket said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/french-round-up-jouffret-snr-returns-to-avignon-another-serbian-at-carpentras-villegas-retires/

Wasn`t quite sure where to post this and didn`t want to keep on starting new threads. But I thought the bit about 4 Serbians playing in the Elite 2 team Carpentras was good news and worth sharing.

They got a mention on this week’s Chasing Kangaroos podcast too, along with news that there’s a new club being set up in Serbia. 

Archived