Badger to be Culled

Graham

He's reffed 354 NRL games and been touchjudge for 57.

These figures put him in third place for all time games officiated at first grade,

This Saturday's match between Bulldogs and Panthers will be his last.

He's 47.

His daughter posted on Instagram that he has apparently been shown the door by the NRL, rather than taking the decision himself.

• Graham changed the title to Gavin Badger Shown the Door?

1 hour ago, Graham said:

He's reffed 354 NRL games and been touchjudge for 57.

These figures put him in third place for all time games officiated at first grade,

This Saturday's match between Bulldogs and Panthers will be his last.

He's 47.

His daughter posted on Instagram that he has apparently been shown the door by the NRL, rather than taking the decision himself.

Strange one with the Badge in recent times . Very much given the cold shoulder and literally pushed to the sidelines . Haven’t even seen Mrs the Badge this year.  Even stranger when you look at the standard of some of the other refs getting weekly gigs . I think it helps if you’re called Sutton ... the younger one is absolutely bloody useless 

On 23/09/2020 at 19:04, DavidM said:

Strange one with the Badge in recent times . Very much given the cold shoulder and literally pushed to the sidelines . Haven’t even seen Mrs the Badge this year.  Even stranger when you look at the standard of some of the other refs getting weekly gigs . I think it helps if you’re called Sutton ... the younger one is absolutely bloody useless 

Mrs the Badge is injured. The podcast the pair used to do was the sort of intelligent, informed treatment of the game that`s conspicuously absent from mainstream media RL coverage. Nine and Fox are more interested in superficiality and fabricated controversies than any technical analysis in their discussion programmes.

The more I watch the NRL the more I wonder about the role of touchies . They’ve basically abrogated all responsibility to the VR . Touchline ... obstruction ... put down , things they have the best view off they just wont call anymore , to silly proportions . I’m genuinely shocked if they make a definitive call . It’s just a matter of fact , routine ‘ check that ‘ . And now one of them has made a mistake it’s sent shockwaves through their ranks and they’ve clammed up totally , so if so what’s their point  

34 minutes ago, DavidM said:

The more I watch the NRL the more I wonder about the role of touchies . They’ve basically abrogated all responsibility to the VR . Touchline ... obstruction ... put down , things they have the best view off they just wont call anymore , to silly proportions . I’m genuinely shocked if they make a definitive call . It’s just a matter of fact , routine ‘ check that ‘ . And now one of them has made a mistake it’s sent shockwaves through their ranks and they’ve clammed up totally , so if so what’s their point  

They should do away with them David and electrify the touchlines. We’d know then when the player touched by the sound they make and the puff of smoke and smell of burning hair. Plus of course it would serve as a deterrent. Just a thought.

24 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

You really could’ve come up with a better title of the thread @Graham........:such as 

‘Badger to be culled’

That's the best one...

Possibly could have been Badger of Honour but can't think of a better one than yours.

It's so apt that I have to use it!

• Graham changed the title to Badger to be Culled

Archived