Fixtures

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

No, I didn’t lose. I won £40 on Salford at 2/1. But yeah, you think it’s some petty rubbish, if you like.

Salford, like everyone else, need to get on with it. It is what it is this year and a series of games in a short period, after a period of three in a month, whilst competing and being successful in the Challenge Cup, was inevitable. I’m not sure Salford have a leg to stand on. They knew the rules, they knew this could happen if they did well in the cup and they knew what was likely if Covid cases were diagnosed. It’s unfortunate but we’re, as a game, in a precarious position and this was always going to be the case this year, given we’re desperate to keep the World Cup in place next year  

I’d have swapped with Salford to be in a cup final again. Though, that said, we’d have coped better because we have a reserve grade (Ben Davies being a reserve grade player signed from Widnes) and an Academy (13/17 last night were graduates through our own system). Maybe, Salford fans’ angst should be directed towards their own club rather than the league?

Well, I tried to be conciliatory, but you are still bitter. Tough.

Salford are not complaining. As you failed to read my post, I'll repeat it. We are still putting teams on the pitch, we are still competing, we are not, as a club, complaining. The only complaints are from a few fans. I just don't get why you are so bitter.

As I said, enjoy the rest of the season. However, I won't be wishing you well in the play offs.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

7 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Well, I tried to be conciliatory, but you are still bitter. Tough.

Salford are not complaining. As you failed to read my post, I'll repeat it. We are still putting teams on the pitch, we are still competing, we are not, as a club, complaining. The only complaints are from a few fans. I just don't get why you are so bitter.

As I said, enjoy the rest of the season. However, I won't be wishing you well in the play offs.

Bitter about what? In the nicest possible way, what do Salford have that Saints don’t that would make me in the slightest bit bitter or jealous?

A few fans are stupid then. 

I wouldn’t expect you to seeing as everyone is going to be in the play-offs. 

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Like I say, we talk about player welfare and then fail time and time again to deliver.

There's a lot of truth in this.

Clubs: "We take the mental health of our players very seriously and do what we can to support them".

Players: "Mental health is often linked to financial security, so how about we increase the salary cap so players don't feel like they need to take on second jobs or feel threatened by pay cuts when they suggest reducing their workload?"

Clubs: "No, not like that. Now, go and warm up in these State of Mind T-shirts...."

See also: UEFA and racism.

Archived