Rugby League trip to Provence

Initially planning for 2022 early spring. Would primarily be based in Avignon and would love to take in some rugby league. My geography is pretty good so am aware of the following possibilities:

Avignon, Carpentras, Salon, Cavaillon.

Have I missed any clubs? Which clubs are most worth my time and money in visiting? Any helpful tips. 

47 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

Initially planning for 2022 early spring. Would primarily be based in Avignon and would love to take in some rugby league. My geography is pretty good so am aware of the following possibilities:

Avignon, Carpentras, Salon, Cavaillon.

Have I missed any clubs? Which clubs are most worth my time and money in visiting? Any helpful tips. 

Depending on how wide a boundary you consider from Avignon, Apt & Cheval Blanc are in Federale poule A, St. Martin de Crau (down by Marseille) in Nationale Poule C. Vedene & Le Thor in the same league , Entraigues in Elite 2 (all suburbs of Greater Avignon/ separate villages in the Avignon commuter belt depending on your point of view). Cavaillon have currently merged with Caumont due to (I think) storms damaging their home ground and are playing at Caumont.  

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

Depending on how wide a boundary you consider from Avignon, Apt & Cheval Blanc are in Federale poule A, St. Martin de Crau (down by Marseille) in Nationale Poule C. Vedene & Le Thor in the same league , Entraigues in Elite 2 (all suburbs of Greater Avignon/ separate villages in the Avignon commuter belt depending on your point of view). Cavaillon have currently merged with Caumont due to (I think) storms damaging their home ground and are playing at Caumont.  

Massively helpful, thanks Jon.

You may well find by 2022 that some of those clubs have merged/moved/folded and that others have sprung up 🙂 Worth following clubs on facebook etc. before you go, as even at Elite level, fixtures can change kick off time, location etc. without anyone bothering to tell the public, as everyone who is likely to come already knows what's happening...

In my experience, people are incredibly friendly, particularly if you let slip that you're a RL fan from Britain on your holiday.

Archived