4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

But they still screw their heads up.

There are many religions that screw with kids mentality, many of them get away with it without being singled out. JW's are as harmless as any of the others.

Well they clearly aren’t, with their refusal of blood transfusions etc. They can literally cause somebody to purposely allow their children to die. 

• Like 4

Pre-Covid we used to regularly get JW's come knocking. At first I was quite polite in getting rid of them but the more they came the more frustrated I got.

I've got very noisy dogs who sound like they'll kill anything (truth is they're actually quite soft), but the last time the JW's came round I said if you turn up again i'll let the dogs out - quite amusing watching the look of terror on their faces 😂. Time will tell if they do ever come back. 

On a wider religious note, I couldn't give 2 hoots what religion (or cult) people choose but the moment anyone starts to try and impose their beliefs on me, and particularly ones who come to my home it really pees me off, and these people are likely to get short shrift from me !!

I used to get regular visits at the previous Shadow towers which was in a fairly well populated area, since we moved into a village in the Forest 6 years ago I think we've only seen one set. That said I also work from home a lot less than I used to so I'm not there in peak evangelising time.

I sort of miss them, fielding dodgy phone calls from "Amazon" and "Microsoft" help desks don't have the same satisfaction levels as exposing the logical fallacies in the JWs arguments.

I can’t say I’ve seen evidence of myself or kids having the views of JWs rammed down their throats. I just tend to nicely decline their offer of a discussion if I don’t want it. It seems the sensible and polite thing to do, even though some of the stuff they share I find somewhat strange.  I’ve got to admit though, since we’ve installed CCTV, it has become much easier to hide, knowing who is at the door! 😂

I think computer games have far more potential impact of (false) indoctrination for kids these days, but that seems to be an accepted norm in many parts and you don’t even have to open the front door to expose them to that. 

• Like 2

Remember years ago when me and my wife came back from shopping and was unloading the car JW's were knocking on our neighbours next door. 

My wife said to me, "Come on hurry up we have to give blood in an hour"

Funny thing is they didn't knock on our door, how upsetting😂

• 2 weeks later...

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Their greatest moment was appearing on "One Foot In The Grave".

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming, or the moment of truth in your lies
                       When everything feels like the movies, yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive