Former New Zealand rugby league star Manu Vatuvei could face life in prison on drug charges

7 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

In what way is it unfortunate ?

Instead of applying to have the suppression order extended he chose to reveal it to the public himself. So any adverse publicity or media attention he receives as a result of doing this is entirely of his own making.

Neither you, I, or anybody else not directly connected with the case have any idea if he's guilty or innocent, that's for the courts & legal process to decide. If he's ultimately found guilty then he deserves everything the courts throw at him.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

8 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

In what way is it unfortunate ?

Instead of applying to have the suppression order extended he chose to reveal it to the public himself. So any adverse publicity or media attention he receives as a result of doing this is entirely of his own making.

Neither you, I, or anybody else not directly connected with the case have any idea if he's guilty or innocent, that's for the courts & legal process to decide. If he's ultimately found guilty then he deserves everything the courts throw at him.

What is unfortunate is the fact that Manu Vatuvei has been charged with serious drug offenses, not his response to the suppression order. It is very sad that you were unable to comprehend the reason for my brief comment.

17 hours ago, Eddie said:

If he’s committed drug related offences (and I don’t know if he has or not) it’s not unfortunate, he’s chosen to do it.

It appears that I did not choose my words carefully enough to reflect my actual thought.

Let me restate my point differently.

I think that it is a tragedy that the life of such a famous and admired rugby league player could be ruined by such reckless behavior, if he is found guilty in a court of law.

i

On 09/05/2021 at 08:58, Manfred Mann said:

It appears that I did not choose my words carefully enough to reflect my actual thought.

Let me restate my point differently.

I think that it is a tragedy that the life of such a famous and admired rugby league player could be ruined by such reckless behavior, if he is found guilty in a court of law.

If he's guilty then there's nothing tragic about being a drug dealer / smuggler. Hard drugs ruin thousands if not millions of lives all over the globe, so if he's guilty of that offence he deserves no sympathy, regardless of who he is/was. In fact quite the opposite, i'll be delighted that the authorities have taken another vile criminal off the streets and I hope he suffers & rots behind bars. The world can do without people like that.

He'll get sympathy from me if he's innocent and is cleared of all charges

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived