South Africa Rugby League

Rugby reloaded podcast has an episode about RL in South Africa recently uploaded. With a certain professor, whose name escapes me.

Im half way through it, as I’ve aways had an interest in the game there. Always felt a but frustrated the RFL/ARL never made more of an effort in developing the game there.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

8 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Rugby reloaded podcast has an episode about RL in South Africa recently uploaded. With a certain professor, whose name escapes me.

Im half way through it, as I’ve aways had an interest in the game there. Always felt a but frustrated the RFL/ARL never made more of an effort in developing the game there.

Pretty sure any club could pick a couple of

Players and be very pleased.... especially clubs in the championship

It’s a shame the game hasn’t progressed here but with the current teams who knows 

RL has been played for 50 or so years but the draw of union is just to much I guess 

With a little thought and money I’m sure a S/A team could flourish in the uk in a similar vein as the union counterparts London Welsh London Irish and Scottish, it’s estimated 229,000 S/A live in the UK 53,000 in London with Wandsworth having the largest population of around 6,000. 
something like this could be a development pathway for players playing in the league back in S/A

• 2 weeks later...

Archived