Wheelchair Rugby League details

Been on various websites, but still cannot see information on when the Wheelchair Rugby League season starts or the exact format.

Can anyone help as there’s been no real follow up to excellent England-France series on RFL pages that I can see.

I’d really like to follow the season as a fan if possible and wonder if anyone on here can help?

In France, I have read that it has gained ‘elite sport’ status recently by the French government so hopefully that will increase its popularity generally and increase funding.

The Wheelchair Management Team are still setting up the format for the 2022 season as far as I know.

One date I can confirm is the for the Celtic Cup which will be held on 7th May in Glyndwr University Sports Centre in Wrexham, as Wales Wheelchair RL are hosting the Celtic Cup this year.

The WRL gained Elite Sport status for Wales Wheelchair for us to train during Covid restrictions provided we carried out appropriate precaustions (which we did) - unfortunately the RLWC2021 was postpostponed but it did at least mean we held a number of training camps.

North Wales Crusaders will again enter two teams into the leagues - one in Super League and one in Championship.

The Wheelchair RL season normally starts in March

2 minutes ago, gogledd said:

The Wheelchair Management Team are still setting up the format for the 2022 season as far as I know.

One date I can confirm is the for the Celtic Cup which will be held on 7th May in Glyndwr University Sports Centre in Wrexham, as Wales Wheelchair RL are hosting the Celtic Cup this year.

The WRL gained Elite Sport status for Wales Wheelchair for us to train during Covid restrictions provided we carried out appropriate precaustions (which we did) - unfortunately the RLWC2021 was postpostponed but it did at least mean we held a number of training camps.

North Wales Crusaders will again enter two teams into the leagues - one in Super League and one in Championship.

The Wheelchair RL season normally starts in March

Thanks for this - good luck this season!

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Thanks for this - good luck this season!

Keep an eye on our Facebook page @NWCrusadersWhRLandDSC for updates. Our social media guy is pretty good at keeping things up to date.

Archived