Good Friday Derby

Joe 90

11 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Nice try…but no one tells Mr Mazey what to do.

I just hope we still have a club at the end of this joyride.

You are supposed to be a Hornets supporter why the bitterness all of a sudden when the club is doing so well on and off the pitch?

The club clearly needs to be careful what they say as they deal with restrictions the football club are imposing privately and professionally / legally. 

On 17/04/2022 at 22:49, glemiln said:

Care to explain?

It’s a troll who won’t be able to.  

The club is debt free in a good place doing as well on and off the pitch as anyone could expect. 

The reality is the club clearly needs to be careful and wont want to prejudice or comprise itself by putting details of the issues being encountered into the public domain. I believe they are taking legal advice around the issues and restrictions which would appear are being created / caused by the football club which means until it’s concluded one way or the other it’s highly unlikely anyone will comment. 

Friday was a great afternoon and a fantastic performance can’t wait for the next one now. 

12 minutes ago, The Hornet said:

It’s a troll who won’t be able to.  

The club is debt free in a good place doing as well on and off the pitch.

The reality is the club needs to be careful and wont prejudice or comprise itself by putting details of the issues being encountered into the public domain. I believe they are taking legal advice around the issues and restrictions which are being created / caused by the football club which means until it’s concluded one way or the other it’s unlikely anyone will comment. 

Friday was a great afternoon and a fantastic performance can’t wait for the next one now. 

Well said !!! The vibe at the club is great. People are working long hard hours on the ground issues which will be sorted eventually. Hornets 3rd in the league and still getting stronger. Enjoy the ride  and the Championship next year !

10 hours ago, The Hornet said:

You are supposed to be a Hornets supporter why the bitterness all of a sudden when the club is doing so well on and off the pitch?

The club clearly needs to be careful what they say as they deal with restrictions the football club are imposing privately and professionally / legally. 

sounds like you know more than the rest of us. A statement of facts would be nice, not different legal arguments.

On 18/04/2022 at 19:22, Anita Bath said:

sounds like you know more than the rest of us. A statement of facts would be nice, not different legal arguments.

I know the same as everyone else, I read the same information that is available to everyone else and draw my own conclusions. Surely you don’t for one minute think the club would restrict its capacity or deny itself valuable carpark revenue? or even be responsible for bar price increases just for RL games when it’s widely known the club doesn’t operate the bars or benefit from them ?

In terms of facts the chairman was on BBC Radio Manchester’s Rugby League Extra programme on Sunday talking about the success of the Good Friday Derby on and off the pitch but declined to comment or go into detail about the issues. He did however confirm that the club is taking advice. It’s good to see it being handled professionally and privately and not played out in the public domain in my opinion.  

Maybe you would however care to elaborate on your earlier assertion of “joy riding” ??? When you talk about “facts” maybe try sticking to them? Considering the clubs clear and current prudent management efforts and its debt free and positive financial position despite the challenges of covid and the major central funding cuts over the past couple of years your throw away comment is at best misleading and at worst spiteful and damaging to YOUR club? 

If you crave facts you get them from official sources such as this instead of Internet forums. https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/1051/rochdale-hornets-provide-positive-financial-update

Archived