Good Friday !

Joe 90

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

I hope off field stuff doesn't haunt you.

I think that we all know it will always be a struggle. But let's hope that we can carrying on watching local derby games for a while longer yet 👍.

12 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I hope off field stuff doesn't haunt you.

Why would it?

The club is under prudent ownership and management. It sold out all of its sponsorship, hospitality and available seats on Good Friday which taking a glass half full view is extremely positive. 

Don’t let a hand full  of neg heads with agendas on Internet forums distract you from the steady progress that is being made at a revitalised Hornets.

Interesting that you only started posting on here earlier this year…welcome aboard.

Its a fans forum for posting opinions not name calling. I am delighted at the positive results on the field….great work by the players and coaches. Long may it continue.

Some very odd things going on that the fans are not informed about. Similar stuff was going on at the  football club last year. It was only when a small number of fans started asking questions that a doomsday scenario was avoided and the club saved albeit to play in a lower division.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

14 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Interesting that you only started posting on here earlier this year…welcome aboard.

Its a fans forum for posting opinions not name calling. I am delighted at the positive results on the field….great work by the players and coaches. Long may it continue.

Some very odd things going on that the fans are not informed about. Similar stuff was going on at the  football club last year. It was only when a small number of fans started asking questions that a doomsday scenario was avoided and the club saved albeit to play in a lower division.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

So what are these odd things that are going on then??? Enlighten us???

A claim of “joy riding” on one thread and now references of “evil”……

Very poor and smacks of an agenda.

Is it merely a coincidence that as the Football club has seemingly become hostile towards Hornets so have you on this forum???

3 hours ago, The Hornet said:

Why would it?

The club is under prudent ownership and management. It sold out all of its sponsorship, hospitality and available seats on Good Friday which taking a glass half full view is extremely positive. 

Don’t let a hand full  of neg heads with agendas on Internet forums distract you from the steady progress that is being made at a revitalised Hornets.

Some of your fans don't seem too happy with the situation regarding good Friday. It could affect the club if people stopped attending games through this(hope they don't). The lowering of crowd numbers if it happens in the future will hurt the club on a financial front. We need all our local rugby league clubs to progress and get stronger for the good of the game. Imposing restrictions in my view won't help. It sold out because only 920 people could go, this was the first Rochdale/Oldham game in a few years and more would've come if the were allowed. More money for the Rochdale club. That's my view as an outsider looking in. 

9 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Some of your fans don't seem too happy with the situation regarding good Friday. It could affect the club if people stopped attending games through this(hope they don't). The lowering of crowd numbers if it happens in the future will hurt the club on a financial front. We need all our local rugby league clubs to progress and get stronger for the good of the game. Imposing restrictions in my view won't help. It sold out because only 920 people could go, this was the first Rochdale/Oldham game in a few years and more would've come if the were allowed. More money for the Rochdale club. That's my view as an outsider looking in. 

Maybe gauge the views of Hornets fans from the clubs social media platforms as you see people posting under their real names with genuine opinions and not under usernames with agendas. 

Far from ideal to be restricted but that’s not the clubs fault and clearly they made the best of it with a sell out, a superb victory and indeed an all round fantastic day.

That’s sadly not what those with agendas posting here want to promote but it’s the reality and fact.

Hornets are in good shape on and off the pitch and it’s exciting times. 

6 minutes ago, The Hornet said:

Maybe gauge the views of Hornets fans from the clubs social media platforms as you see people posting under their real names with genuine opinions and not under usernames with agendas. 

Far from ideal to be restricted but that’s not the clubs fault and clearly they made the best of it with a sell out, a superb victory and indeed an all round fantastic day.

That’s sadly not what those with agendas posting here want to promote but it’s the reality and fact.

Hornets are in good shape on and off the pitch and it’s exciting times. 

As I said I'm just an outsider looking in. Just concerned about the local game as a whole and wanting all the local lower league clubs to progress on and off the field. Obviously I wanted Oldham to win but that didn't happen but I place the game above my club. I wonder how many roughyeds fans bought tickets?

3 hours ago, The Hornet said:

So what are these odd things that are going on then??? Enlighten us???

A claim of “joy riding” on one thread and now references of “evil”……

Very poor and smacks of an agenda.

Is it merely a coincidence that as the Football club has seemingly become hostile towards Hornets so have you on this forum???

If you dont think the recent goings on have not been odd then I dont think its worth trying to explain them to you. But go on Ill waste a bit more time.

The first time in 151 years the club told fans to stay away. No explanation, just please dont show up. You dont find that odd?

I expect as soon as the current ownership move on, as they have before, you will move on with them. 

In what way have the Football club become hostile towards Hornets by the way? Thats not something that has been said in public. I think someone on here is telling porkies about how much they know. A bit of dirty washing being aired maybe?

20 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

If you dont think the recent goings on have not been odd then I dont think its worth trying to explain them to you. But go on Ill waste a bit more time.

The first time in 151 years the club told fans to stay away. No explanation, just please dont show up. You dont find that odd?

I expect as soon as the current ownership move on, as they have before, you will move on with them. 

In what way have the Football club become hostile towards Hornets by the way? Thats not something that has been said in public. I think someone on here is telling porkies about how much they know. A bit of dirty washing being aired maybe?

What I find odd is someone purporting to be a Hornets supporter trying to continually escalate this online while taking pot shots at the current ownership and management team who let’s not forget we approached to come in here (not the other way round). We are very fortunate to have what we have right now after major funding cuts and covid especially when you consider the old fan ownership model had run its course and we arguably / probably wouldn’t be here now without these guys so show some a bit of respect. 

The facts are communication was very clear from club highlighting a capacity restriction of 920 for the game. Anyone wanting to guarantee entry was advised to make sure they got a ticket which is pretty standard in sport or any event with a capacity. 

You come across as someone pushing an agenda against the guys running our club but I may be wrong…..

No agenda mate. Just want some facts about the restricted capacity and other related restrictions. Not opinions, not arguments….facts. 

You said the football club has seemingly become hostile…..I have not heard that from Hornets so maybe you have an agenda….or you have information that I dont.  

4 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

No agenda mate. Just want some facts about the restricted capacity and other related restrictions. Not opinions, not arguments….facts. 

You said the football club has seemingly become hostile…..I have not heard that from Hornets so maybe you have an agenda….or you have information that I dont.  

When you explain your very malicious and misleading comments and assertions of joy riding etc I will maybe tell you what and where I heard what I have.

11 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Thats good enough for me….you do know more than the rest of us.

Enjoy your secrets.

So your not going to substantiate your outlandish and potentially liable and damaging claims. 

That's good enough for me and the rest of us who SUPPORT the club. 

12 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

Oh dear Hornet.. well just tell us this,  if we do get promotion to the Championship and the likes of Bradford, Widnes Featherstone  etc bring their usual 1000 plus spectators what happens to the 400 Hornets fans as the capacity is 927? 

I’d imagine from the interview on Sunday’s BBC RL Extra the club are keen to sort it as soon as they can hence taking legal advice on its position. Id imagine we would have hopefully resolved the situation by such time regular crowds of over 920 would be an issue? 

7 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

"liable" . . . . . . I love it!

When you make false statements about another’s that unjustly harms their reputation you are not protected just because you post with anonymity on a forum.

Either put up or shut up.  

Ill continue to post on here whenever i choose. I dont expect you will agree with myopinions but thats what makes the world go round.

I hope you continue to post your opinions……it all adds to the fun.

And we both want Hornets to have a big win in London tomorrow.

I hope hornets fans will soon find out what you appear to already know, and that whatever the issues are, that they are resolved amicably very soon.

I fully agree with the comments made by Anita Bath. I do not enjoy my rugby under the existing restrictions because  it prevents freedom of movement and prevents me from seeing the home try line for half of a match, I am not impressed with the behaviour of The Hornet. I expect more sensible behaviour from a Rugby League  supporter

Archived