IMG........

chromedome

Just got a nervous feeling about this IMG crew looking into RL matters, and giving a report.  They will probably be influenced by SL clubs.????

It harks back to another outfit (can't recall name) who did a similar role and their report fell on stony ground.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Just got a nervous feeling about this IMG crew looking into RL matters, and giving a report.  They will probably be influenced by SL clubs.????

It harks back to another outfit (can't recall name) who did a similar role and their report fell on stony ground.

IMG aren't simply consultants brought in to write a report for the RFL. They have formed a long-term partnership with RL to bring commercial acumen into the sport from which they will benefit; they will also suffer if they fail. Their initial report is supposed to be a warts and all summary of the state of the sport in UK at present - whether this will be publicised is unclear. This will be followed by a detailed set of proposals for the structure of the game and is due to be delivered in 2023, I believe.

Naturally they will consult with SL clubs but aren't beholden to them and have their own self-interest in whatever they suggest being implemented and successful. Whether this will be the case, who knows?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

IMG aren't simply consultants brought in to write a report for the RFL. They have formed a long-term partnership with RL to bring commercial acumen into the sport from which they will benefit; they will also suffer if they fail. Their initial report is supposed to be a warts and all summary of the state of the sport in UK at present - whether this will be publicised is unclear. This will be followed by a detailed set of proposals for the structure of the game and is due to be delivered in 2023, I believe.

Naturally they will consult with SL clubs but aren't beholden to them and have their own self-interest in whatever they suggest being implemented and successful. Whether this will be the case, who knows?

I believe they have had a meeting with all clubs, last week.

They've expressed surprise at the fact so many RL clubs operate within such a close proximity of each other....eh?

A report is apparently due this September.....

26 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I believe they have had a meeting with all clubs, last week.

They've expressed surprise at the fact so many RL clubs operate within such a close proximity of each other....eh?

A report is apparently due this September.....

That will be a preliminary report I believe, although I have no inside information.

The cat-fight (excuse the pun) looks to have begun already.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

That will be a preliminary report I believe, although I have no inside information.

The cat-fight (excuse the pun) looks to have begun already.

Them expressing surprise at how many clubs operate so close to each other has me jumping to the much feared 'M' word of course.

We’ve even answered a lot of their potential questions on this page

Top and bottom of it is there’s only enough players, sponsors and if we are being honest, spectators to support one side.

We can cling to the past and make as many 1952 challenge cup polos and Lancs cup final commemorative tops as you like, but that’s all it is, history, and it’s the here and now that really matters and we aren’t and haven’t been a top club for a long long time, nor are we likely to be in the next few years.

Ive a strong feeling the game will be slimmed down to two professional divisions and I think it will go on a case by case basis not on final league positions - with recommendations for clubs to merge.

a lot of the issues raised when uncle Mo first suggested the franchise system are still present which is why I think IMG will be looking very closely at some old paperwork over the next few months 

thats what my guts  telling me 

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's

1 minute ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

We’ve even answered a lot of their potential questions on this page

Top and bottom of it is there’s only enough players, sponsors and if we are being honest, spectators to support one side.

We can cling to the past and make as many 1952 challenge cup polos and Lancs cup final commemorative tops as you like, but that’s all it is, history, and it’s the here and now that really matters and we aren’t and haven’t been a top club for a long long time, nor are we likely to be in the next few years.

Ive a strong feeling the game will be slimmed down to professional divisions and I think it will go on a case by case basis not on final league positions - with recommendations for clubs to merge

thats what my guys telling me 

It could also require teams to be full time professionals.